• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Hitech Cams Time Adj Setting?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nemethjames1
  • Start date Start date Aug 22, 2017
N

Nemethjames1

Member
May 15, 2016
76
6
8
Aug 22, 2017
#1
  • Aug 22, 2017
  • #1
I have a timing adjuster I always had it set to 16 degrees and it was the sweet spot for my car. Today was first first time running it since I did the cams and timing chain and components.

BASICALLY I'm wondering if cams would change the way I should set timing? I set it down to 12 degrees during assembly. And going to leave it there for a couple days until I get on it real hard like any average day.

Car has full bolt inside and exhaust, can't wait to feel the difference! It sounds amazing. Love the idle. And it seems to rev up quicker as well?!
 
N

Nemethjames1

Member
May 15, 2016
76
6
8
Aug 22, 2017
#2
  • Aug 22, 2017
  • #2
Oh and in 2 or 3 months the timing adjusted comes off and I'm getting a tuner and a tune.

But it idles pretty darn good for sock tune!
 
N

Nemethjames1

Member
May 15, 2016
76
6
8
Aug 22, 2017
#3
  • Aug 22, 2017
  • #3
Ok this may be too confusing for some of you??

How about a simple question....
Would running a bigger better set of cams allow for more ignition timing?

Regardless of the max the computer would allow on stock tune
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

S
Timing chain, guides and tensioner installation (Possible orientation in Intake Stroke)
  • StallionMax
  • Sep 21, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
447
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Sep 24, 2025
StallionMax
S
D
Rockers, lash adjusters and timing: help with parts (4.6 2v)
  • dvigAtel
  • Nov 1, 2025
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
0
Views
321
Other Auto Tech Nov 1, 2025
dvigAtel
D
5
Hello Everyone !
  • 5150K
  • Jul 3, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
0
Views
137
The Welcome Wagon Jul 3, 2026
5150K
5
X
Free VE Table Corrections — Drop Your MSQ and a Datalog, I'll Do the Rest
  • X-cam34
  • Apr 12, 2026
  • Digital Self-tuning Forum
  • 2 3
Replies
49
Views
2K
Digital Self-tuning Forum Aug 26, 2026
X-cam34
X
6
Hey all,I’m putting together a 302 for my 1968 Mustang and wanted to post the combo + some questions to make sure I’m not missing crucial
  • 68_Disgustang
  • Feb 22, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
1K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jun 20, 2026
gray owl
G
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?