HO vs. non-HO intake , how to tell?

MrKwik

Founding Member
Jan 29, 2000
Kansas City, Kansas
I was looking for a stock 87-93 intake for the motor I'm puting in my 86 GT and i know the later intakes are worth a little power over the 86 one. The guy told me that it came off his 88 Mustang. I had specified I wanted a the Mustang one, not the Lincon\couger one. All the 87 up mustang intakes I have had in the past had HO stamped on top under where the plate goes. This one doesn't. It also has a circle with 86 cast into it under the TB opening. So Im guessing this is the non HO lincon intake but how can you tell for sure? Is it the same as the one already on my 86? And besides the TB opening size, is there any other difference between it and the later Mustang intakes?

• Sponsors (?)

z2o_what said:
the intake you discribed is the '86 mustang intake...witch i think is the same as a non-h.o. intake

IMO the power gain with the h.o. intake over the standard is not noticeable.
I was thinking they were the same but I was thinking that even my 86GT had HO stamped into it. But Im still wondering if the only difference is the opening for the TB, which is easy enough to change. or are the runners different somehow?

srothfuss said:
If it's not an HO intake, I have both an upper and lower (HO upper) sitting in my garage i'd be willing to part with. They are both stock and slightly dirty.

Would you sell just the upper? The lower I got is real nice.

OK, here are two pictures of the upper&lower (I'll seperate it from the lower later)

Intake1.JPG

Intake2.JPG

I have more pictures of it. I sent you a PM (obviously) with my email address if you are still interested.