Holley 350 on my 65 Mustang question

Woody3882

5 Year Member
Jun 19, 2018
Bradenton Fl 34212
I have been restoring cars for over 25 years and I can not figure this one out.
I just put a new Holley 350 carb on my 65 Mustang, no problem. what I can not figure is how does the electric choke's Bob weight return to the set cold position. The weight is not attached to anything, proper operation is for it to be loose and free moving. I understand how as the choke heats up, the bi metal unwinds, thus moving the butterfly rod to the open position. at the same time the high speed idle set screw slips off of the Bob weight's notched steps allowing the idle to slow down. But how does the bob weight re position itself to the cold position under the adjustment screw. Is there a spring missing that lifts the weight back up. I might be old school, but this one has me stumped..
Thanks
Woody

• Sponsors (?)

there should be a link bar between the choke and the bob weight. when the choke is cold, and you push on the throttle pedal, the spring in teh choke housing will pull the bob weight up and set the fast idle. as the engine warms up, when you again tap the throttle pedal, the spring having loosened up no longer holds the bob weight up like it did when the choke was closed.

Reactions: 1 user
Are you referring to the coiled bi-metal spring inside the housing or a separate external spring attached to the Bob. I understand what you are saying, but if it is the internal spring, then it can not move the bob weight because it is free floating.
If anyone has a picture or a pictorial it was be very much appreciated.
Thank you for you advice and input
Woody

to be honest i dont remember. i have been dealing with EFI and edelbrock carbs for so long now, about 20 years, that i havent even touched a holley carb. i dont think i even have one laying around to look.