Hood Pin Appearance Kit install, anyone got these?

xtweakerx

Feb 26, 2007
Jupiter,FL
Hey does anyone have the Hood Pin Appearance Kit, i got them for xmas from my gf.

Not sure if anyone has any instructions on install or any pics, so I can install mine.

If so please provide pics of the hood pins on top for alignment and a picture of the hood open so i can figure out where to actually screw in the cord to the pin.

Not sure where this should or can go on an 07gt.

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Pick your location first, there's about 4 or 5 good spots on these cars. The easiest is to use the rubber bump stop locations that exist already.

I you got actual pins, install the pins where you want them, then dab paint on the top of them and close the hood over it. This marks the drilling locations for your two holes through the hood.

I don't have a pic of my pins themselves but here's a shot of my new hood mocked in with the pins holes cut..

img9887hc6.jpg

Attachments

• img9887hc6.jpg
    img9887hc6.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 157
Ahh, not sure your going to find many people with the fakes, I did heavy's pins and I took the cables through the frone speed grill he has, probably within 2 inches of the headlamp pillar.. Maybe he can chime in and post a pic..

For the record his pins are real ones and are in the outer oem bump stop holes.

I have the real pins and did not use the cables. Cables have a tendancy to scratch the paint over time. I would suggest drilling a small hole in the upper portion of the grille and run a short stainless steel sheet metal screw into the grille along with a small stainless flat washer. Pop the hood and take a look around. You'll find a decent spot.

Ahh, not sure your going to find many people with the fakes, I did heavy's pins and I took the cables through the frone speed grill he has, probably within 2 inches of the headlamp pillar.. Maybe he can chime in and post a pic..

For the record his pins are real ones and are in the outer oem bump stop holes.

Here is a pic from the SC install...you can see the pin in the lower left...Erin used the outer rubber hood bump stop. If it was up to me, I would return the fake ones and get real hood pins.

img8395jh9.jpg

CIMG0148.jpg

Attachments

• CIMG0148.jpg
    CIMG0148.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 597
  • img8395jh9.jpg
    img8395jh9.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 176
kinda pointless to have real pins on a stock hood, the hood isnt going anywhere.

however my gf got them for me for xmas just for the looks of it, dont think i can return em. dont need to hurt any feelings.

Not pointless..Above 130 mph, my hood shakes like crazy towards the fenders. Functional hood pins will remedy that..And if your worried about the cables scratching the paint, get some rok-blok/clear bra for the front..I have it, and it stops the pebble spots, and will prevent the cables from sctratching anything..

Here is a pic from the SC install...you can see the pin in the lower left...Erin used the outer rubber hood bump stop. If it was up to me, I would return the fake ones and get real hood pins.

img8395jh9.jpg

I like that placement...I think im installiing mine there...looks good..Any thoughts on the Shelby GT pins?? Miine are backordered but will be here soon..

Attachments

• img8395jh9.jpg
    img8395jh9.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 310
I don't want to hijack the thread, but thanks, here's a few other pics. That CS-6grille has lights that are kind of small. That's why I fabbed up the trim rings.

100_1416.jpg

nighttimeshot3.jpg

100_1284.jpg

Attachments

• 100_1416.jpg
    100_1416.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 140
  • 100_1284.jpg
    100_1284.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 153
  • nighttimeshot3.jpg
    nighttimeshot3.jpg