My car has had one bad night tonight. It started when I first got in it this morning. I jump in it, and pull forward out of my spot, when I hear this pop noise. I get out to look, to discover I had run over someone's carefully placed fast food bag, and had exploded ketchup packet all over my freshly waxed car. Perfect.
So I clean the crap off, and get going. I notice some obnoxious clunking noise from the back end, every time I take off. Long story short, I spent about 5 hours at my garage trying to find where the noise was coming from. Turns out, the upper control arm on the passenger side was really loose where it bolts to the body. Not a loose bolt or bad bushing. It just kind of flops around in there. Noone in town has the bushings for that. Great.
About an hour ago, I was out shopping. I had to turn around because a grandma had her car parked so far out of a spot, I could't make it down that row. I back up, and proceed to turn around, just to rash my front right rim on the damn curb. Spectacular.
Suffice to say, I'm a little upset about today's events, albeit they are far less important compared to some of the other problems people have been having on here. Does anyone have the link to the rim repair article handy?
EDIT:
So, instead of repairing this stupid control arm, I think I will just spend money I don't have, and replace it. Is this ok for a cheap alternative?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/79-0...017QQitemZ270034670009QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
So I clean the crap off, and get going. I notice some obnoxious clunking noise from the back end, every time I take off. Long story short, I spent about 5 hours at my garage trying to find where the noise was coming from. Turns out, the upper control arm on the passenger side was really loose where it bolts to the body. Not a loose bolt or bad bushing. It just kind of flops around in there. Noone in town has the bushings for that. Great.
About an hour ago, I was out shopping. I had to turn around because a grandma had her car parked so far out of a spot, I could't make it down that row. I back up, and proceed to turn around, just to rash my front right rim on the damn curb. Spectacular.
Suffice to say, I'm a little upset about today's events, albeit they are far less important compared to some of the other problems people have been having on here. Does anyone have the link to the rim repair article handy?
EDIT:
So, instead of repairing this stupid control arm, I think I will just spend money I don't have, and replace it. Is this ok for a cheap alternative?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/79-0...017QQitemZ270034670009QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW