Hot rod cams

• Sponsors (?)

Is anyone running these FRPP Hot Rod Cams yet? Seem pretty kick ass! What changes were required to make these work with these cars? I know a tune is in order but what mechanically is a must to change.

I am running Comp NSR stage 2 cams but with either these or hot rods, you don't need to do anything mechanically to make them work. It's just install them, tune them, and drive. Other mods such as delete plates and L/T headers will get more power out of them but with a good tune 10-15 RWHP out of the cams alone is not uncommon.

I figured the delete plates would be a must, also I have to wonder about the VCT. Did they just fix that in the tune to where it would disable it or did you have to mechanically disable the variable cam timing?
You don't need the delte plates but the car will pick up a few hp and will be easier for your tuner to tune with them on. I ran my car for about a mont without CMDPs. The tuner will make the changes to the VCT in his tune.

Hey gman, have you had your car on the dyno? I'm just curious what kind of numbers you're pulling. I'm interested in getting the stage 2 cams, and I already have the same intake and comparable mods, I'm looking for a rough estimate on what I'd make before the spray.

Hot Rod are a very good all around cam, they can make power on motor and if you decide to supercharge later on. The more you put in the more you get out, so you will pick up more power with those cams with a good set of long tube headers, and if you don't plan on supercharging then CMRC deletes is a must. A good set of gears (3.73 atleast) will help also.

Hey gman, have you had your car on the dyno? I'm just curious what kind of numbers you're pulling. I'm interested in getting the stage 2 cams, and I already have the same intake and comparable mods, I'm looking for a rough estimate on what I'd make before the spray.

Here is a break down of my dyno runs with cams:

Before CMDP 317 hp/299 tq (SAE Corrected) with Bama/Am tune
After CMDP 322 hp/ 311 tq (STD Corrected) with both dyno tune and bama tune.
Base Amazon tuning solution tune (ATS) 311.64/306.74 (SAE Corrected) and 326.22hp/321/09 (SAE uncorrected).
On a side note, ATS sends out a base tune that's a little conservative and a little rich. I just dataloged the tune at my friend's dyno, send ATS the results and they adjust the tune. It's remote tuning. Anyway I loaded the updated tune and it feels a bit stronger. My guess with the updated ATS tune I would be at 325 hp/ 312 tq (SAE Corrected)