Hotmustangs 2004 TT GT progress thread!

hotmustang331

Apr 29, 2004
Bastrop,TX
Yep thats right....a single thread for the progress on the twin turbo stang :banana: Ill just update here as I fix and upgrade things on the car.

So first off....YES I BOUGHT IT BACK :nice: It was never actually taken out of my name or anything...so it was a pretty easy process.

This is the only pic you need to see...haha.

101_0741.jpg

Ill try and get some more later....so you can see what shape its in NOW after setting a year and a half.

OK now on to the issues....well I thought an axle was bent (it is SLIGHTLY) and causing vibration. Well great news....drivers side front somehow locked up when I had the wreck and put a BIG flatspot on the tire! Yanked that rim off and threw on a v6 rim/tire we had around.....now drives smooth as ever! WHO HOO! Funny thing is I pulled EVERY other rim and tire before this one...because the passenger side is what hit....so im thinking how could anything be wrong with the drivers front?
Crazy...still not 100% sure why that tire locked up....I thought it was the drivers rear that locked due to the ABS sensor coming loose...but if it disabled the whole system maybe it was just the front that locked and why I couldnt steer out of the spin. :shrug:

ANYWAYS so now all I have to do is take it to my buddies friends shop and get the rear of the car pulled back into 100% straightness. They actually forgot to do it after they straightened the front up....so it will be free. Then the car will be right and I can throw on a rear bumper cover. There really isnt much body work left that needs to be done...just a little work left on the hood, front bumper, and rear quarter panel....thats the just of it. Then we can paint those pieces and its good as new.

Car also passed state inspection the other day....so ill be able to start tuning and datalogging it and making my neighbors remember why they hated me so much a few years back :nice:

Thats enough for now...ill update whats next on the to do list a bit later. Thanks for looking!

CURRENT DYNO NUMBERS GOAL! 600RWHP

Current numbers...before the wreck! 550RWHP @ 11.9PSI

I plan on updating the current "before" numbers here in a few weeks...see if I can get a little closer to my goal, before busting out my trump card ;)

• Sponsors (?)

a garage full of animals..... make sure you shut the garage and lock it at night.

Glad to see the car is back! BTW, not to hijack your thread, how did the 4v run at SAR last Friday?

i look forward to reading on the progress on this beast.. you gonna try and pull off the 600hp on the stock block? that will be rad if it works out..

how come your running the v6 bumper on that beast?

i've got a question for you power freaks.

i have upped the boost to 8psi. really nothing prepared me for the power or the cylinder hits.

how do you settle yourself that it will hold together? i am simply unable to set the shift to 6500. i set it for 5700. so much money spent to hurt it.

600 rwhp on the stock block is crazy. I guess it just goes to show how important a good tune is.

there was a stock bottom end S-trim and N20 car here that lasted about 3 years. it finally blew and now is getting an all out built 5.4with twin 67 ball bearing turbos!!

anyways, i'm glad you got it back. it'll be interesting to see what you can get out of it!