Interior and Upholstery How are the new cup holder consoles working?

• Sponsors (?)

I have the blank installed on mine, my phone hold plenty of battery life, plus if I need to charge I can run the usb to my alpine head unit and charge if I ever needed to, plus I leave a small power bank in glove if I go for a car show or something just in case. Idk why all the fuss about needing extra ports and usb stuff. The one with USB ports imo looks kinda ugly and cheap. I gotta be honest I was excited about this cup holder console, but I hardly ever use it, and when I do have a beverage in there I don’t really like it there bc I feel like it’s in the way. If I have a bang, rockstar etc drink there it’s not safe feeling bc it’s not a snug fit and I’m scared it’s going to tip and spill everywhere. I like it but it’s not really used as much as I thought I would.
C7BA1416-7BB7-4995-BDB4-8A2BB299BA2E.jpeg
8F8D521F-AFE1-482B-A945-CB09938410A7.jpeg
07E32532-E25F-415A-A494-DB33377BD8FE.jpeg

• Agree
  • Useful
Reactions: 1 users
I installed this when they first came out. Prob ordered it the day it was available. I used it all the time as I usually cruise with a coffee even when it’s 90*

068141B4-FC2A-4F36-9B0B-73302CD1E510.jpeg

• Useful
  • Hell Yeah!
I did the same thing. My ash tray was broke. I don't smoke. So I got the cup holder for my 93 LX. I took the console out. I took the lighter/ now power outlet out. When I had the console out, I took the ash tray in the back of it out. Cut a piece of the old console to cover the hole. Pop riveted it over the rectangular ash tray hole. Drilled a round hole to fit the outlet. You have to add some wire from the old lighter connection to reach the new location. But it is out of the way and it works. Did I mention it doesn't cost anything because you use all the old parts?

Reactions: 1 user
1592585980602.jpeg

So what is the black circle of plastic for in front of the ash tray? I popped the center and tried to lift the edge like a body plug, and that did not work. Was it for a factory nitrous trigger or convertible top switch?

My car had something similar to that when i bought it. It was a light that flashed when the after market alarm was turned on.

You can see it here in this really old pic of my car.

Attachments

• PD_0086.JPG
    PD_0086.JPG
    212.2 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: 1 user
Of the two LMR has, I prefer the one without the charging ports (think the actual cup holder area looks nicer).

One thing I really like about the other kit, is it has a plug for the wiring harness - you don’t have to use the cig lighter socket. Does anyone know where they get that? I know the company that actually makes it makes a bunch of resto stuff so it may be internally manufactured and not sold individually, but very curious if anyone know where to get your hands on that.

I wired in a relay to run a DC-DC converter to power a wireless phone charger under the coin tray on the cupholder console. Works perfect no wires no mess. I have 2 usb charger plugs on the ashtray delete panel.
If you are talking about the back ashtray, I would be interested to see that and like to know where you got the parts.

If you are talking about the back ashtray, I would be interested to see that and like to know where you got the parts.
I installed my charging ports there too. I got a marine charging port station that has both USB and standard 12v connections. I installed a switch hidden under the armrest to turn everything off.

Attachments

• 2A36C140-D5E4-422A-B743-B2FB7593E8F8.jpeg
    2A36C140-D5E4-422A-B743-B2FB7593E8F8.jpeg
    360.5 KB · Views: 57
I thought the cup holders were a good idea but they really aren't deep enough or sometime big enough to hold anything. Put a cup in at start up and the g-force lets the cup fall back and spill. I just keep my garage door openers in it.

IMG_20210607_130228709_HDR.jpg
12v to 5v dc converter and a wireless charging pad. Wired through a relay so it's only on with ign power. Some double-sided tape and your done.
Everything needed can be found on Amazon cheap

I thought the cup holders were a good idea but they really aren't deep enough or sometime big enough to hold anything. Put a cup in at start up and the g-force lets the cup fall back and spill. I just keep my garage door openers in it.
I've got the cup holder consule with the 2 individual cup holder and enjoy it. Fits most cups no problems. I even had to cut the holders shorter because of the way my new shifter cable is routed and they still work perfect have not had a drink spill yet and I daily my car.