How badly is my friend screwed!!!!!

90_Red_LX said:
Lol I done that with my dad's lawn mower one time. I thought it looked a little different than gas, but my nose was stuffy so I couldn't smell crap. It mowed the whole lawn running on it too lol (refueled and refired it while the engine was still hot.) The next day when we tried to start it sounded like someone took the plug out of it. Needless to say dad was a little pissed when he had to take the carb out to clean it, empty the line and drain the tank.
I did that to my dad's lawnmower too. Except it wasn't kerosene it was alcohol for one of the race cars. He said that thing ran like a raped ape for about 15-20 seconds and it never ran again.. (I was like 7-8 and didn't even know he had alcohol.)

He has told every person he knows that story...

• Sponsors (?)

moneypit94 said:
I did that to my dad's lawnmower too. Except it wasn't kerosene it was alcohol for one of the race cars. He said that thing ran like a raped ape for about 15-20 seconds and it never ran again.. (I was like 7-8 and didn't even know he had alcohol.)

He has told every person he knows that story...

haha thats pretty funny. I bet it gets a bunch of laughs among the car guys.:p :rlaugh: :D

blk9450 said:
you could always do the american thing and get a lawyer to sue the gas station for letting you guys do that even though it was clearly his fault for not looking at the pump first. its actually illegal to fill a red can with kerosene or diesel. diesel is a yellow can and kero is blue... :shrug: :flag:

Guys I wish I was making this up, its no april fools joke, i told him to sue the gas station, but he said it was labeled as a spaceship on the pump. Now what the hell is that supposed to mean :shrug: The reason why he got confused is because they usually do sell Racing gas at that station but since the tracks JUST started opening again they didnt start selling it yet. I told him not to put racing gas in the first place but hes just hard headed :bang: :bang: Ill keep you guys posted as I find out more, right now hes still ddriving the car around, in fact, he just took a 300 mile drive back to his college and he didnt do a thing to the car but fill it up with some premium :jaw: This thread is 5 pages long on the marauder forum, people telling him not drive it at all and change the fuel pump, fuel filter, plugs, and spray the pistons with some gas and what not. But like i said hes hard headed :bang: They say marauder engines (4.6 - 4 valves) have very fragile piston rings and what not so it dont look good. Oh BTW does anyone know what Kerosene is rated at Octane wise? Its lower than diesel i beleive isnt it?

blk9450 said:
kerosene is 15-20 octane. octane is the measurement of the ability to be compressed before it sponaneously combusts.
your friend was pinging and probably melted his electrodes on the plugs and possibly had piston meltage. see if the plug is coated in aluminum dust junk. if it is, the pistons are beat

"2 - If that gas station didn't label that pump as Kerosene and your buddy's car is screwed, then I would definately go after that gas station. If you're not familiar with it then you probably don't know the difference in smell... its an honest mistake on your friends part."

The gas station should have labeled it and are at fault in my o. They are not selling a pack of gum here guys, they are selling hazmat(s). It should be labeled correctly and not just for local BillyBob that lives in a van down by the river that has lived in town since 1974 and knows what's in the tank.

FOLLOW UP-------Well I know this is really late, but up until 2 weeks ago my friends car was fine, he got everything tuned up and it even ran faster the next time he took it to the track. Well just a few weeks ago he took it to the track and it ran a whole second slower, the car also shaked a bit at idle, he brought it under warranty to the dealer to get a tune up and they told him.............. His car is running on 3 cylinders and his block is destroyed, the kerosene obviously dryed up the oil in the engine. I dont know why it took so long seeing as this was a couple months ago, well his car is junk now and he has no clue what to do!