How best to remove headers?

• Sponsors (?)

the studs and bolts that connected my mid pipe to the headers were way too rusted to be removed so i had to just cut the studs

as far as the header bolts i soaked em with some PB Blaster then used a nice long breaker bar to break all the bolts loose and a normal socket to remove the bolts. you should have enough room to pull em out from the top

the drivers side on mine i had to drop out the bottom cuz of the a/c. pass side was a breeze cept for the egr pipe, i ended up pulling it as a single unit(pipe, egr valve still attached)put it in a vice and use a pipe wrench on the tube. pretty simple though, 2hrs tops.

I think I dropped mine out the bottem. But I don't really remember getting the headers out to be the real pain. I had the most trouble getting the headers off the mid pipe. Even with the bolts at the collectors completely removed, the headers were rusted solid to the mid pipe.

A lot of hits with the dead blow hammer might have done the trick. But since I was replacing the mid pipe, I just cut the mid pipe betwee the first cats and the header connection.

Good luck. (PB Blaster the crap out of your header bolts!!!)