How bout the 2007 shelby GT!

• Sponsors (?)

my89blubyu said:
Just wondering what y'all think about the 2007 shelby gt. Now will that replace the standard gt or will it be like the cobra?:SNSign:

...it will be neither, the gt500 is the cobra and the gt is the gt and it always will be. It jsut a special edition... :rolleyes:

Yeah, its more along the lines of say the 2001 Bullitt. Wish they'd have gotten a little more power out of it but oh well. Hopefully there's some kind of Mach 1 with an n/a 5.4 on the way. I like the looks of the Shelby GT over the GT and Cobra. Mostly because of the hideous wheels they sacked the Cobra with.

The GT500 is a S.E. vehicle with a projected production run of 8,000 units yearly over a 2 (or 3) year span.

Ford Motor Company has promised that there will be 1 new S.E. Mustang every year until the next redesign of the car happens in late 2009 (as a 2010) model year.

To your original question: The GT-500 is a great car for MSRP, but not over MSRP. However there are a bunch of people out there with more money than they know what to do with... What is wrong with buying 500HP and a full factory warranty?

Edit: Wrong Shelby Model. The GT will be a limited production car. Only 1 year run, and I don't have a production volume to report to you... Realisticly expect a price tag of 35K - 40K due to the Shelby name tag and all of the exclusivity that will come from ownership. Now, the mechanicals of the car are identical to the regular GT + FRPP handling pack and the FRPP power pack. Both cars will be the same performance wise, but one will carry a higher price tag.

ill advised said:
Yeah, its more along the lines of say the 2001 Bullitt. Wish they'd have gotten a little more power out of it but oh well. Hopefully there's some kind of Mach 1 with an n/a 5.4 on the way. I like the looks of the Shelby GT over the GT and Cobra. Mostly because of the hideous wheels they sacked the Cobra with.

Boss in 08 with the 5.0 cammer motor already announced. 390hp I think.

grey5.0beast said:
I think he is right, it has the cammer cuz someone said "The return of the 5.0" in a thread

Im probably wrong as usual lol...thats awesome though, ive been waiting to see that thing stuffed into a stang. Is the cammer just a big bore 4.6 dohc cobra engine? I mean I know the heads and stuff are different but I mean is it the same block or no? :shrug:

I think its bull****, its not bringing back the classic muscle car days anymore, its just lets see how many cars we can throw the shelby name on and make money, kinda like when dodge did the hemi. Soon were gonna see a shelby focus, and shelby will say, "yea in 1967, I always pictured a car that looked like the focus with a peppy 4cyl in it with a turbo, im glad to see ford had the same vision as me, and I am proud to put my name on it!"

ill advised said:
Nice. Doesn't that motor run like $14,000? Or will it not be the same as the crate cammer? 390hp will be sweet.
Its an expensive motor, I dont think theyll put it in a factory car. We all saw how the gt-r turned out, well it just didnt.. The R50 version of the 5.0 cammer that goes in the fr500c cars, is pretty much the same motor with some other specific parts, and revs at 7krpm for hours at a time and lasts!

The 5.0 cammer, you buy from the frpp catalog, is basically a beefed up terminator motor, to the max.

Yeah a 5.0 modular is a stroked 4.6, I may be wrong about the cammer part, it being that exact motor, but its definitally a 5.0. I agree muscle car production has taken a turn for the worse. I just feel content that theres plenty of foxbodys to go around lol.

We are still waiting to hear if Ford will use the 5.0L Cammer motor or not. The rumour makes it sound like they will, but I don't think we will know much more until next summer.

It sure would be nice to have a 5.0L and a new chasis though....

realistically the cammer motor to Ford is probably like 5 dollars more expesinve to build than any other 4.6 or 5.4 Mod motor. Mass production fella's cmon, makes building those motor barely...if any more expensive to make. I wouldn't doubt they stuff that motor into a run of like 1500+ cars, it would be cheaper for them (the more they make that is).

Aliate X said:
Boss in 08 with the 5.0 cammer motor already announced. 390hp I think.

Go figure Ford behind in HP yet again lol. Winter of 08 or spring 09 the new camaro will be out with an LS2 punching out 400hp and that will be a z28 not a S.E. like the boss will be. And the challanger 425hp, they will all be around the same price and they all look pretty good to me. Maybe i'm wrong maybe ford will actually have a car that will compete with other pony cars again finally like the old days.

The other rumour is: When Ford does redesign the new Mustang for 2009 it could get the 5.4L motor in GT trim pushing almost 380HP. Ford will not be left out of the HP race. They won't be king for sure, but they won't be far behind.

The Boss model is just a "buzz" vehicle to keep people buying Ford brand products until the next generation car comes out (hopefully with IRS)

89white50 said:
realistically the cammer motor to Ford is probably like 5 dollars more expesinve to build than any other 4.6 or 5.4 Mod motor. Mass production fella's cmon, makes building those motor barely...if any more expensive to make. I wouldn't doubt they stuff that motor into a run of like 1500+ cars, it would be cheaper for them (the more they make that is).

The 5.0 cammer use the 4.6 terminator crank with 6 bolt mains, and manley hbeam rods, but the block is stronger for high torque loads, the heads are ported, higher lift cams, stronger springs, high flow fuel injectors, thats just a few of the things, every 5.0 cammer is checked over many times for leaks, and run for 20 minutes to check for oil, and water leaks, and oil compression. Id go ahead and say its an expensive motor.

It is... A production version of the "new" 5.0L would probably use 4 bolt mains, regular castings and not have anything forged in it. Pray that the BOSS does come with the 5.0L and it's N/A.