How do I disable the DRL in a 1992?

Lynkx

Founding Member
Jul 31, 2001
Vancouver Island BC
Anyone know where I can find the module? I'm told drivers side fender, but no luck...

Any more easy way to disable it, or someone have pictures?

It's a Canadian car, just when the car itself is running, it turns on the main lights at a lower voltage, makes it visable in the northern provinces.

I don't need it here, it doesn't snow.

1992 Ford Mustang LX
5 Speed
Hatchback
AC

Car looks much better with the amber's on, don't ask me why.
Any help is appreciated, much thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

If you are able to obtain one, the shorting plug that Ford made is actually a weatherproof plastic cap with four pins and a rubber seal inside. The pins provide the jumpers for the harness and the cap snaps on and provides a weatherproof seal.

Hmm, I looked all over the drivers side, is it under the fender? I checked the location where the horns are, but I don't see a module, one I can get at or see anyway, anything special I need to do to get to it?

Also... any characteristics I should be looking for? How many wires are plugged in, what specific wire it is?

Also, can I just uplug that specific wire, or if not will it effect anything else?

The only time I've seen the harness is when I accessed that area through the fenderwell. The module harness has an oval shaped plug with seven wires. I think it's the only other wiring down there besides the horns. I'm not sure of the effects to the system if you just unplug the module. I expect something will not work.