How do I disable the DRL in a 1992?

Lynkx

Founding Member
Jul 31, 2001
Vancouver Island BC
Anyone know where I can find the module? I'm told drivers side fender, but no luck...

Any more easy way to disable it, or someone have pictures?

It's a Canadian car, just when the car itself is running, it turns on the main lights at a lower voltage, makes it visable in the northern provinces.

I don't need it here, it doesn't snow.

1992 Ford Mustang LX
5 Speed
Hatchback
AC

Car looks much better with the amber's on, don't ask me why.
Any help is appreciated, much thanks!

If you are able to obtain one, the shorting plug that Ford made is actually a weatherproof plastic cap with four pins and a rubber seal inside. The pins provide the jumpers for the harness and the cap snaps on and provides a weatherproof seal.

Hmm, I looked all over the drivers side, is it under the fender? I checked the location where the horns are, but I don't see a module, one I can get at or see anyway, anything special I need to do to get to it?

Also... any characteristics I should be looking for? How many wires are plugged in, what specific wire it is?

Also, can I just uplug that specific wire, or if not will it effect anything else?

The only time I've seen the harness is when I accessed that area through the fenderwell. The module harness has an oval shaped plug with seven wires. I think it's the only other wiring down there besides the horns. I'm not sure of the effects to the system if you just unplug the module. I expect something will not work.

I loosened the fenderwell liner/splash shield and was able to get to the harness. You might be able to get to it from underneath the front, but I don't know if there is enough room to work with.