How does an 02GT compare to a 350z?

• Sponsors (?)

RoadconeTuning said:
300zx is no where near the same as th 350z... the 350 is an EXTREMLY reliable car... think of it as a toyota w/ a diffrent badge now.

nah has nothing to do with the car itself as much as it had to do with the SERVICE and treatment we recieved at various nissan dealerships.

thanks but no thanks

-=NightHawk=- said:
2004 Nissan 350Z 13.77 in the 1/4 mile (M.T. Mar '04)

Ya I saw that test also. In their DREAMS.

I'm at the track EVERY week somtimes twice a week with my good friends modded Z. He's never seen 13.7xx in ANY track condition.

Stock vs Stock the Z will definately pull up top. From a roll on the freeway, Z wins again but add bolt-ons to both cars and BYE BYE Z.

svttech76 said:
it's a drivers race thru the 1/4 with the 350z having a slight top end advantage.

:stupid:

I have raced a few 350Z's (both 6spd and Auto in stock and light mods) and have Come out on top, even, and the bottom. What I have learned, is its all about who gets the jump. My GT is an auto w/ intake and o/r exhaust. But I also think mine is a factory freak, as I ran a 13.8* (I think it was a 5) in the 1/4 when it was stock almost 5 years ago (some weight savings, no back seat, no spare or jack, and Dr's).

^No, your just a good driver. No factory freak 99-04 GTs...

Its a toss up 02blueGT. If you guy go from a stop, IMO you shoudl win....but if you go from a 60punch, he will probably pull you. They regularly trap 100-101 at my track....the GTs go 96-98 usually. It took ALOT of boltons to get my car to trap 100.

Cams, CAI, throttle body, and dyno tune brought me to 104 MPH traps.

LTs, tubular K, U/D pulleys, and a windage trey got me to high 106 traps.

Pull the spare and throw on 15s W/ DRs, and the car goes almost 109.

hotmustang331 said:
^No, your just a good driver. No factory freak 99-04 GTs...

Its a toss up 02blueGT. If you guy go from a stop, IMO you shoudl win....but if you go from a 60punch, he will probably pull you. They regularly trap 100-101 at my track....the GTs go 96-98 usually. It took ALOT of boltons to get my car to trap 100.

Cams, CAI, throttle body, and dyno tune brought me to 104 MPH traps.

LTs, tubular K, U/D pulleys, and a windage trey got me to high 106 traps.

Pull the spare and throw on 15s W/ DRs, and the car goes almost 109.
Come to Houston Raceway Park. I trap over 100 consistently. Trapped 101 on chrome 18's and bald tires...With exhaust. Guarantee you woulda seen 110-112mph here at HRP. I bet those turbos wont do you any good, just give em to me while youre down here :nice:

Yellow2002GT said:
All you need to beat a 350 Z is 373's and a cat back!

"ED"

really all you need is 3.73's ...... and youll only be seeing that 350 in your rearview.......all this bull**** sayin header tb/plenum and full exhaust and **** is bull ....i know from experiance 350z's are slow peices of ****