Engine How far can you go with an A9L (or other) factory computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, but I am not sure it matters.

Lets read between the lines and the picture

So none Mustang - so stand alone harness and computer.

And from his picture I would guess a Merkur XR4Ti with a 5 speed (A9L not P).

My opinion, cam will fall off before the intake does. Should have good street manners and be easy to cruise around with. Should make 300-350 at the crank (assuming electric fans). Sounds fun.

Perfection. Thank you!

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

I would worry about the ptv clearance if using a factory piston.

For sure TW heads have clearance, inline valve heads have a good possibility of not having it.

I would worry about the ptv clearance if using a factory piston.

For sure TW heads have clearance, inline valve heads have a good possibility of not having it.
According to AFR, only 1986 5.0 engines need PTV clearance checked.

Funny how a stock engine management thread has turned into an "engine building advice" thread.

Last edited:
According to AFR, only 1986 5.0 engines need PTV clearance checked.

Funny how a stock engine management thread has turned into an "engine building advice" thread.
I guess afr is gonna help you out if you run a piston into a valve then.

You asked if a a9l can control a super basic combo, that it no doubt has done thousands of times. Of course it’ll work, but there are better options.

Those years will put flow the explode r intake by 3500 rpm

This combo will run out of cam. And then intake. And then heads.

The Enforcer 185 heads flow about 20cfm less than the "regular" cnc ported AFR 185's at every lift point. These are the "as cast" version. They're done at 6000rpm anyway. And the Exploder intake is STILL better than the stock GT intake. I think it'll be fine.

Reactions: 2 users
Lol,this post is a trainwreck. You sound like you already have your answers.
I guess so. Thank you for your participation. Here’s your medal.

Did you happen to notice that I asked NOTHING about if the combo would work? I asked if the A9L would be ok with the combo. Because I didn’t know. I do, now. (But everyone insists on discussing the combo, itself. :rolleyes::rolleyes:)

Status
Not open for further replies.