How is 50resto's Quality 87-93 foglight switch compared to OEM piece?

MustangOwner

Banned
Dec 13, 2006
Hey guys, i'm going to be buying a 87-93 GT fog light switch and i was wondering if i should buy an OEM one or a replacement from 50resto? Is there a quality difference? Anybody have any expierence? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Depends on how it's listed. Generally, if they state things as being "OEM replacement," it's usually a Ford-made piece like you'd get at the dealership; if it says "reproduction" or "aftermarket," then you may as well save yourself a few bucks on shipping and just buy the exact same thing at a parts store.

FWIW, the switch I bought for the notch at Autozone looked exactly like a stocker and worked perfectly well. :nice:

Depends on how it's listed. Generally, if they state things as being "OEM replacement," it's usually a Ford-made piece like you'd get at the dealership; if it says "reproduction" or "aftermarket," then you may as well save yourself a few bucks on shipping and just buy the exact same thing at a parts store.

FWIW, the switch I bought for the notch at Autozone looked exactly like a stocker and worked perfectly well. :nice:

Would not have thought that they would sell fox switches. Nice to know.

Yeah, I didn't ever think of a switch like that from good old Auto Zone either. I guess it never hurts to ask?!
BTW...I do have the 50Resto switch. It seems to be working fine. I looked it over carefully and compared it to the old Ford switch and the only thing I noticed is the plastic seems a bit thinner in some areas. The resto switch just isn't built quite as durable...more brittle and thinner plastic...but does work ok after 2 months now!
Ken