How is insurance on a SN-95. V-6 and a young driver???

7991LXnSHO

wanna catch the space herp
10 Year Member
Sep 1, 2010
Kearney, NE
My oldest has always wanted a Yellow "new style" Beetle. Ones in any color are hard to find, unless they have a broken timing belt and are manuals with a turbo.
But a nice metallic red V-6 auto popped up within negotiation range, and my kid (a she) is ready to walk to the next town to see it. Do i want to call my insurance so she is not after my Fox 5.0 or Corvair? Do beginners still have to have 4 doors for a lower risk class, or does a v-6 and auto do that? She’s under 5 foot tall and the Grand Marquis I was going to share is huge and surprisingly fast. My wife really does not know where the nose is, even with the seat raised enough that I get hurt hopping in after her. And it has the heart of a police car.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Updates, 1. buying a VW was a mistake. We need tech help like is available for my 1991 5.0 here, only for more frequent issues.
2. Premium class ratings on most vehicles have switched to focus on their safety features. So calling the agent with the car’s VIN before deciding what to get is the only way to get an idea on premiums.

My daughter here in Fla. 22 yr. old.......New Civic one years bill is $2100.00 No tickets,no accidents. My truck 99 Tacoma $700 , 90 fox $350 , 2020 CRV $ 1300.00 All full coverage. We pay this massive bill once a year.

I cannot speak on the kid part but give Kemper insurance a try. They were cheaper than most for myself and a co worker I suggested it to.(he has a 22yo daughter). Not sure exactly what he pays but he was happy about the difference