How long did it take you guys to install springs

• Sponsors (?)

GTMomma02 said:
Damn, it took me 2.5 hours to do the rear and 2 for the front. It took me forever to figure out where to jack it up at and to place the jack stands. I suck.

3 to 4 hours , if you go with 1.5 inch ones , have a couple friends to push down on the rear axle to get enough room to slide the back springs in without having to undo any control arms in the rear , if you put enough weight on it you can push it down just enough to get the spring to pop in , the 2 inch drop should go right in with no problem .

Wow you guys are good. Took me 3-4 hours on the front and 2-3 hours on the rear, although I changed out the shocks and struts at the same time and it was my first time doing suspension work. I'm sure that I could do it a lot faster now, but first time installs usually take me approx. 25-50% more than if I've done it before. Also did the install by myself so if you have help, you can definately save a bunch of time. Springs/shocks made a huge difference in how my car feels and looks and definately one of my favorite mods. Good luck:flag:

One note, you can drive your car with just the front or rear springs installed. When I did mine I had to drive mine for about a week with just the rear springs in due to bad weather rolling in earlier than expected.

Ike

I did mine in 1.5 hours, but I had access to a rack.

Please do yourself a favor and purchase a $15.00 set of offset rack bushings and install them along with your springs (I wish I had known to do this). I drove for 3 years, fighting bump steer. I finally put in some offset rack bushings and the difference is amazing--NO bump steer!