How many miles can a 4.6 last??

• Sponsors (?)

My g/f said she found a honda accord with 2223497 miles on it. Not thinking she would add the 1/10th number I asked her where he drove it to get 2,000,000 miles. She said to atlanta everyday (90 miles one way). Now, that would be possible if he drove 182.5 days per year from 1988 to 2004 to and from atlanta. He rebuilt the motor once... Needless to say she got :owned:

Ghostface said:
Newbie question (sorry): When are you supposed to change the timing belts on the 4.6? I'm looking at a used GT with 75K and he doesn't know what a timing belt is :shrug:

No need to change them, they are chains, and I believe they have a tensioner on each to take up the slack. I don't understand why some other cars use belts. :shrug:

forpit2000gt said:
My truck had Mobile one synthetic from 20,000 miles on.

good chit! I'm using them all of my car for the past few years. Worth every penny tho.

As far as my 4.6 goes.
my 01 GT has 32000+ miles on it, and I've been usung Mobile 1 Synthetic sice 22000 miles when I perchosed it . I have had no probrem since my perchose, except small oil leak from tube that goes in to my driver side Valve cover :shrug:
Guess I'll need to get new tube or something..