How Much Does A 28oz Weight For A Flywheel Actually Weigh?

• Sponsors (?)

Its actually not 28oz. Was looking for some real numbers.

the imbalance factor is 28oz, its the same for all flywheels in the balance class. the balancer has the same imbalance factor. the 50oz balance factor flywheels and balancers are actually a 34oz imbalance factor. ford used the 50oz moniker to make it enough of a difference number wise that people wouldnt put a 34oz balance wheel on a 28oz balance crank.

now if you are talking about the weight of the flywheel itself, generally the stock flywheel is about 24lbs, the aftermarket steel wheels run between 24 and 30lbs, and the aluminum wheels are around 14lbs average. is that what you are looking for?

Lol, the weight that bolts onto the flywheel. I bought a new Fidanza Alumn flywheel since I needed the 28oz for my 347 and decided to weight the 2 different weights that actually bolt on. My old Hawks Racing Alumn flywheel is almost an exact copy of the Fidanza. The 50oz weight is all I have for the Hawks since the 28oz was prob lost years ago during a move. The 50oz weight was almost the same weight, just a little less on the Hawks.