How much front fender clearance you have at full lock - 65 / 66

I am working on aligning my front end and was taking measurements. Last year I replaced the 8" with a Lincoln 9" and added 1" rear lowering blocks and now my front end is 1.5" higher in the front. I just replaced the entire front suspension (everything except spindles) and did the Arning drop (Shelby Drop). I plan to cut the newer stock coil springs 1/4 to 1/2 coil at a time till I get the drop I want. I may do this over the next spring / summer in phases and test drive for a month in between cuts.

I'm running 17/8 bullet wheel with 235/45/17 tires that measure about 24.5" high. I have about 2.5" of clearance on the drivers side (from tire to fender) and about 3" on the passenger at full lock, setting level in my garage.

How much front drop do you have and how much clearance do you have between the fender and tire at full lock? What is a suggested minimum? This is a street car (weekend toy) that I want my wife to be able to drive it without special instructions but I also want a good stance.

Thanks!!!

• Sponsors (?)

cant help with the tire clearance .if you drop the front it will get closer.
the front will settle a little possibly as much as an inch with new parts when every thing settles. if you do cut the springs cut a 1/4 round at a time .do not use a torch,a chop saw would be best and do not over heat the spring.

I have about 2 miles on it since all my recent work and it needs to settle. Once I get it aligned and get some miles on it I will re-evaluate if I need to drop and how much. If I cut I will use a cut off wheel.

Just wanted to know what everyone else has for clearance from tire to fender....1 finger thickness or two?