How time flies

Yeah. It is pretty tight. Radiator and fan combo is huge and just barely clears the lower engine pulley. And strut tower brace just barely clears the supercharger and the hood. But again, thank you for the kind words.

I bought my '86 GT new and still own it. It was my daily driver for 13 years until I got a pickup truck. I've kept it all these years planning to make it look like new (or better, since the factory paint was lousy). Suspension and drive train all essentially done, now awaiting paint. I can't imagine getting rid of it, but at 75, I won't have it nearly as long as I already have.

Bill

Reactions: 2 users
I haven’t had my foxbody as long as others here. In fact, I made it habit in years past of only keeping “fun cars” for a few years and then selling. Emotional attachment to an inanimate object was something I intentionally avoided. This car though…

This MFin car man. It’s just different.

Even if I didn’t have the backstory I personally do with this particular car, it’s a different feeling than I’ve ever had for a vehicle.

Recently I’ve had difficulty blocking out thoughts of tragedy with this vehicle. I’m weird and dark and forced to see stuff similar at work, sorry. We recently adjusted the insurance on the car (for increased value lol) but the thought of the pile of money we would get doesn’t seem worth it.

Stupid car.

Reactions: 1 users
Welcome to finally getting it.

Time does fly, even faster as you get older. My wife and I, who was my girlfriend at the time, purchased our LX new in 1989. Between now and then were lots of vehicles, a house, different jobs, two kids in college, and a million other issues and after 33 years I'm thankful I still own it, and it's gonna stay that way.

Reactions: 4 users
congratulations on the marriage ... no small feat on its own

Reactions: 1 users
Always one of my favorite “simple, clean” fox bodies on the site, with a perfect stance. Never realized you owned it from new! Now I like it even more!

Reactions: 1 user
And another replay to this…… this perfectly illustrates how wheels/tires/springs can completely change the look of the car! Awesome job!!

Here’s my own “transformation” pic…… due much in part from the inspiration I received on this site!

Reactions: 2 users