How time flies

• Sponsors (?)

76C1C7CC-BB2A-459E-A06D-C127444BB8F7.png 6B86284A-A858-4179-A4AA-56936A4B311D.png 844DC07D-366D-4FBC-A8D1-6021CD242A21.jpeg 72FA1C83-2E41-4499-AA03-20D3B031C022.png
Thank you Pete. That means a lot coming from someone on this forum. There are a lot of really nice cars here. Very humbled. Thank you.

• Loved It!
Reactions: 2 users
Yeah. It is pretty tight. Radiator and fan combo is huge and just barely clears the lower engine pulley. And strut tower brace just barely clears the supercharger and the hood. But again, thank you for the kind words.

Was just sitting here thinking. Next month I will have owned my car 25 years. It is an ‘87 that I bought in ‘97. That’s almost half of my life as I’m 51. What made me think about it was I’m eating dinner watching my dinner TV which is usually Last Man Standing. Like their humor, political views, but mostly because they are car guys. This particular episode had Tim Allen’s old green pick up truck stolen from his garage and how it affected him. It made me think about my car and the bond that has grown between myself and that machine in these past 25 years. We’ve been through a lot together. Even though I don’t use it nearly as much as I’d like to, and it spends most of its life under a cover in the garage just waiting for me to find some time for a cruise or maybe a car show, I don’t know what I would do if something happened to it and it wasn’t there. Sometimes running out in the middle of the night to go to work, or on the weekend when I’m running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to do all the stuff I didn’t have time to do all week, I’ll just peel back the cover and steal a quick glance. Maybe once I retire in another 10 years or so, I’ll have the time to really enjoy it. But, for now, it makes me feel good just knowing it’s there. Anybody else can relate to this?
I bought my '86 GT new and still own it. It was my daily driver for 13 years until I got a pickup truck. I've kept it all these years planning to make it look like new (or better, since the factory paint was lousy). Suspension and drive train all essentially done, now awaiting paint. I can't imagine getting rid of it, but at 75, I won't have it nearly as long as I already have.

Bill

I haven’t had my foxbody as long as others here. In fact, I made it habit in years past of only keeping “fun cars” for a few years and then selling. Emotional attachment to an inanimate object was something I intentionally avoided. This car though…

This MFin car man. It’s just different.

Even if I didn’t have the backstory I personally do with this particular car, it’s a different feeling than I’ve ever had for a vehicle.

Recently I’ve had difficulty blocking out thoughts of tragedy with this vehicle. I’m weird and dark and forced to see stuff similar at work, sorry. We recently adjusted the insurance on the car (for increased value lol) but the thought of the pile of money we would get doesn’t seem worth it.

Stupid car.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
I haven’t had my foxbody as long as others here. In fact, I made it habit in years past of only keeping “fun cars” for a few years and then selling. Emotional attachment to an inanimate object was something I intentionally avoided. This car though…

This MFin car man. It’s just different.

Even if I didn’t have the backstory I personally do with this particular car, it’s a different feeling than I’ve ever had for a vehicle.

Recently I’ve had difficulty blocking out thoughts of tragedy with this vehicle. I’m weird and dark and forced to see stuff similar at work, sorry. We recently adjusted the insurance on the car (for increased value lol) but the thought of the pile of money we would get doesn’t seem worth it.

Stupid car.
Welcome to finally getting it.

Time does fly, even faster as you get older. My wife and I, who was my girlfriend at the time, purchased our LX new in 1989. Between now and then were lots of vehicles, a house, different jobs, two kids in college, and a million other issues and after 33 years I'm thankful I still own it, and it's gonna stay that way.
PicsArt_01-25-11.28.59.jpg

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 4 users
Time does fly, even faster as you get older. My wife and I, who was my girlfriend at the time, purchased our LX new in 1989. Between now and then were lots of vehicles, a house, different jobs, two kids in college, and a million other issues and after 33 years I'm thankful I still own it, and it's gonna stay that way.
congratulations on the marriage ... no small feat on its own

Reactions: 1 users
Always one of my favorite “simple, clean” fox bodies on the site, with a perfect stance. Never realized you owned it from new! Now I like it even more!

Reactions: 1 user
And another replay to this…… this perfectly illustrates how wheels/tires/springs can completely change the look of the car! Awesome job!!

Here’s my own “transformation” pic…… due much in part from the inspiration I received on this site!
CFF5EA89-FE9A-41E5-BB89-E43BFDC20706.png