How To Convert To a Fox Style Throttle Body

• Sponsors (?)

That connector setup from Summit won't work... Its meant to plug into a 94-95 TPS.... its if your using a 8*-93 Wiring harness using a 94-95 engine... I may be wrong but l don't think that will work.. let me know.. curious.

Has anyone tried this swap on an automatic. I ask since automatic users have that extra cable (I forget the name of it) that leads to the transmission, telling the transmission throttle position. Thanks

94GTNJ said:
Has anyone tried this swap on an automatic. I ask since automatic users have that extra cable (I forget the name of it) that leads to the transmission, telling the transmission throttle position. Thanks

That second cable is for the cruise control. AODE's use the TPS for the info that a TV cable would provide the trans. Mine's been hanging limply in the engine bay for a long time now, since it just won't stay on the throttle body for some reason.

I ran into an issue and need some help.

I think the throttle cable is too long for my application (spring part). When its attached, the spring is compressed so far that there is no room to open the throttle.
Does this cable work opposite from a normal throttle cable or something? Or could there be a difference between an automatic fox cable and a manual fox cable?

In your pics, when you show the throttle hooked up, the spring is all the way compressed. How can you open the throttle when there's no room for it to move?

FastGT94 said:
ttt. Can someone help me figure out this throttle cable? I got it used so I suppose it could be the wrong one.

If your spring is fully compressed (wide open) when hooked up, then I would dare say you got a Explorer TB??? It locates 180 deg from the Fox...found this out the hard way when i ran into the same issue...
purge_solenoid._2_vac_line_fox_linkage.jpg

If your TB has the ball like this...on the Left...Its an Explorer..
ex_linkage.jpg

This is the correct ball position....on the Right....You can see I simply cut it and welded it to the new proper position and it worked just fine..or go get a Fox unit...
fox_repo_3.jpg

Its an accufab throttle body, so unless they started making them for explorers I don't think that is the problem at all, but I'll take another look at it just to be sure.

I really think I just have the wrong cable. The metal part that hooks to the ball and the spring both look longer than yours does in that pic. I ordered a new Fox TB cable the other day. If it still doesn't fit I'll probably be back :lol:

Thanks!

The cable was the wrong one, I'm all set there now.

My next question is how the heck does the fox cruise cable hook up? I have the right part but have no way of knowing how to hook it up. The mount doesn't look like it will fit the bracket at all.

I know all you need is a fox Cruise cable but I can't figure out how it hooks up. I got it hooked up to the cruise solenoid no problem. I can't get the TB end figured out lol.

Someone on Corral (Shifter) told me that the cruise is mounted closest to the intake (as you look at the TB opening) and the TB cable goes in the 1st hole on the bracket. The black plastic "square" goes behind the bracket.

I'll take another look at mine tonight and if I get it hooked up, I'll post back up here.