how to make ride smoother

geoff_is_cool

Jul 26, 2004
hi, i recently put the steeda sport springs on my car, and now it seems that the ride is really bumpy and uncomfortable. i know that this is bound to happen because it is lower, but is there any way to smooth it out?

also on another topic...does anyone know where i can get a chin spoiler, they told me at cdc that the company went out of business and they dont know if they will be able to get them in stock again, does anybody have them for sale?

• Sponsors (?)

I recently got Ford Racing C springs. My ride quality didn't diminish much at all, and the handling is a lot better.

I don't know how Steeda springs are. I had a set of Eibach's on my camaro, and they made the ride pretty harsh over any bump, but the handling was great.

I think there's just a trade off there. Sticking to the road a little better = less smooth of a ride. But, it's a more fun ride!

Not sure how many miles you have on your stock shocks but you may wanna put new shocks on it. Stock shocks dont have as much travel as aftermarket shocks like Tokicos, I just installed shocks and struts yesterday and i have the same springs as you. Seemed to help the ride quality out alot because the Tokicos have more spring travel than stock and wont bottom out as easily.

i'm running the steeda sports with the tokico 5-way adjustable struts and shocks and even on the hardest setting the ride is realy good. one thing you should look into is some good subframe conectors to make sure the suspension takes the bumps and not the cars body... stiffen the body befor adding suspension :D
c-dub