How To Obliterate Your Drivetrain 1/4 Mile Edition...

15GTrob

5 Year Member
Aug 23, 2015
Last night I went to Bradenton Motorsports Park (1/4 mile track). My best time was a 13.2 @107. I watched 3 other 15 mustang GT's break their drivetrain. The first guy was in a yellow supercharged mustang, I didn't actually see the breakage but I'm assuming it went something similar to the last two guys. The last two used every bit of the 15 seconds that the line lock provides for tire warming (on street tires.......) were talking full on John Force burn outs from both of them. I was lined up with the blue one that broke. He did a ridiculous burnout and then does a full Launch Control 4500 RPM launch and snap I leave him at the lights. Then a Black GT with PP just like mine gets up and does the same exact routine! My mind was blown that three guys all did the same exact thing with the same results. Nobody learned other than me and luckily I got to drive mine home =).

My first pass I ran a 15.4. When coming off the line I feathered the clutch around 3500. After fully releasing I'm assuming it was still slipping because I matted the go pedal and watched the rpms jump to the red and the car didn't go anywhere. I was pretty bummed that the clutch didn't handle this better. I've got 2500 miles on the car and I would hope the clutch has seated properly in that time. My pro charging plans may have to wait to build the drivetrain =(.

• Sponsors (?)

That is pretty funny! Epic burnouts are only good for pictures lol
I had to make a decision yesterday when we were headed to the track and the 84' went instead of the 2015.... 1st world problems I know. Hoping in the next week we can get my car out and make passes, I'm getting jealous of you guys going to the track

I've tried both on the street Line Lock and Launch control and don't like either. Maybe because I'm 51 and have always done it the old fashioned way. by knowing my car.

Reactions: 1 user