How To Plug Metal Heater Line

What is a good way to plug the port on the metal heater hose that runs coolant into the throttle body? I have been using a vaccum cap with a clamp. But those rubber caps only seem to last about 3 or. 4 months. What would be a more permanent fix? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

What is a good way to plug the port on the metal heater hose that runs coolant into the throttle body? I have been using a vaccum cap with a clamp. But those rubber caps only seem to last about 3 or. 4 months. What would be a more permanent fix? Thanks.
Remove the TB. The coolant line is pressed into it. You can remove it by twisting it out. If it wont twist out, I'd cut that itchbay off flush with the housing. After you get it out, there is a myriad of solutions.

Press a metal "freeze plug" into the hole.
Tap the hole and screw a pipe plug into it.
Get some JB weld stick. Mix it up, and blob that junk in the hole.

Done deal.

I used the #2 solution on mine, but I also added some JB to the threads cause I'm just that way.

Beats the hell out of a hose with a bolt screwed into it,...that'll look all Klondike Kat.
Wouldn't you agree @mikestang63 ?

Reactions: 1 user
Remove the TB. The coolant line is pressed into it. You can remove it by twisting it out. If it wont twist out, I'd cut that itchbay off flush with the housing. After you get it out, there is a myriad of solutions.

Press a metal "freeze plug" into the hole.
Tap the hole and screw a pipe plug into it.
Get some JB weld stick. Mix it up, and blob that junk in the hole.

Done deal.

I used the #2 solution on mine, but I also added some JB to the threads cause I'm just that way.

Beats the hell out of a hose with a bolt screwed into it,...that'll look all Klondike Kat.
Wouldn't you agree @mikestang63 ?

Mike,

of course there are many ways to do this.
hose, bolt and hose clamp - 30 seconds.. if it were me- i'd remove the entire hard line.
Hell, you could remove the EGR plate altogether as well and get a tune. .

Mike,

of course there are many ways to do this.
hose, bolt and hose clamp - 30 seconds.. if it were me- i'd remove the entire hard line.
Hell, you could remove the EGR plate altogether as well and get a tune. .
You are right, and I'm just dogging you for the bandaid solution. But, it's one I've used myself before,albeit temporary.;)

What difference does it make anyway? if that line is supposed to have coolant running to it, and you don't do that, then the fact that the hard line off the TB has an open end is pointless to worry about right? There isn't gonna be a leak of anything.

You are right, and I'm just dogging you for the bandaid solution. But, it's one I've used myself before,albeit temporary.;)

What difference does it make anyway? if that line is supposed to have coolant running to it, and you don't do that, then the fact that the hard line off the TB has an open end is pointless to worry about right? There isn't gonna be a leak of anything.

yep yep.. no worries Sir. Just cap the metal nipple off the EGR plate with a cap. I'd remove the entire hard line on the intake as well and use pipe plugs.. Hang on to that hard line- they go for $100 as everyone threw them away back in the day..lol

rubber hose with a bolt in it and a hose clamp around the hose works.
This is what I did. Works great
tT0zbb8.jpg

Last edited: