How's This Look (suspension)

LouisianaZJ

Feb 13, 2004
I drive mostly on (cr@ppy) city roads with LOTS of potholes, bumps. So I need something as good/better than stock for bumps.

Eibach Prokit (~1.5" drop) ~$200
Mach 1 Shocks/Struts (4) ~$180

or would the ford racing B or C springs ride better (I'm looking for 1-1.5" drop)
I heard the Tokico Illuminas were good too but arent they like $500 for all 4? I'm looking to stay under $500 total

• Sponsors (?)

i got the bullitt suspension package from gefracing.com, won't give you the drop you're looking for, but it meets the price range and is just as comfortable as stock, with a little less body roll, etc. Drop was only about .5"-.75" Whole thing was less than $500 shipped, installed in my driveway in a day and a half by myself.

i'd recommend the bullitt package myself. the prokit is going to be a stiffer ride considering the front springs will be a progressive 650lbs. As for B or C springs don't get C-springs if you're trying to go for comfort. B springs would be more reasonable since they are progressive up front with rates of 425/430lbs.

Bullitt package $399
FRPP B-springs w/ Mach 1 Tokicos $140+$179=$319

www.summitracing.com (b-springs)

http://www.fordpartsnetwork.com/ (mach1 tokicos)

i've seen one person having problems with the bullitt suspension...don't remember what the problem was, but i've had nothing go wrong. granted it has only been on for about 2k miles, which is relatively short. Other people might have been unsatisfied with it because it is not an aggressive suspension setup like eibach or steeda springs may give.

Better than stock for bumps? If you're having problem with bumps on STOCK 4x4 suspension, going lower might not be a good idea. They must be some seriously crappy roads......hell, you can practically go rock-crawling with the stock ride height.

you'll need c/c plates for the H&R supersports or steeda sport springs. With those rate springs i'd get tokicos illuminas or bilstein for struts and shocks. The mach 1 Tokicos are valved for 575-600lbs rate springs.

GinoGT said:
Better than stock for bumps? If you're having problem with bumps on STOCK 4x4 suspension, going lower might not be a good idea. They must be some seriously crappy roads......hell, you can practically go rock-crawling with the stock ride height.
yup SERIOUSLY crappy roads
like as in at least 1-2 bumps/holes per block

I got the sportline drop. Damn my car still looks like its trucking. Its not trucking USA anymore but still truckin. Coil overs coming next 3inchs yeaaaa!!!

If you get sport line you'll be fine. I'm in chicago and its kool. My side exhaust hits sometimes but that is all.