HP Billet Cams on a Cobra Killer Car!

Great numbers. I can't wait to get my supercharger. Cam's definetly seem like a worthwile investment but like other I might wait to get a new bottom end so it doenst blow :) Didn't look to see if you have an auto or manual but did you need to change the idle rpm? Great numbers by the way :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I have two words for ya.

Broken Crank :notnice:

When that thing broke it was one nasty chain reaction as you saw. I had a fluk thing happen to my baby. I know people have never seen a broken GT crank but I can say I have. I really don't know what started the whole thing? Tune or defect?

Brandon

Blown Spring GT said:
I have two words for ya.

Broken Crank :notnice:

When that thing broke it was one nasty chain reaction as you saw. I had a fluk thing happen to my baby. I know people have never seen a broken GT crank but I can say I have. I really don't know what started the whole thing? Tune or defect?

That's right, now I remember! That really IS a fluke, I'm sorry it had to happen to you. I doubt the tune had much to do with it; I suspect a bad heat treatment on the crank or maybe a bad balancing job at the factory.

It's like what happened to John Ritter...nothing could have detected the silent, deadly defect in your baby's heart... :owned:

Congrats on the new cams! :nice: What caused the plug problem?

I'm wondering at what point your injectors/maf were pegged? 420?

Also why are you planning on raising the rev limiter to 6500? Seems like you have the potential to make stock block parting power without that? If you add the cooler you are going to have the hardware to make a monster like Jim Fitzgerald.

I ordered my kit from Tim a week ago (SQ/intercooler etc..) :D :cheers:

Spitfire said:
Congrats on the new cams! :nice: What caused the plug problem?

I'm wondering at what point your injectors/maf were pegged? 420?

Also why are you planning on raising the rev limiter to 6500? Seems like you have the potential to make stock block parting power without that? If you add the cooler you are going to have the hardware to make a monster like Jim Fitzgerald.

I ordered my kit from Tim a week ago (SQ/intercooler etc..) :D :cheers:

The MAF pegged right where I am now, 5800rpm. That means I'm actually making (according to my dyno graph) 400hp/360tq @ 5800 instead of 407/365 @ 6000.

I do think we could wreck the block if we tried to max it out. When the fuel upgrades go in, I'll stop at 430rwhp or so, with 11psi and about 6500rpm.

To do something like Jim I'll need a new shortblock. Maybe next spring. :)

The plug problem is a known issue with 2001/2002 heads. Not enough threads lets the plugs vibrate out and tear threads out. There's a TSB on it. :rolleyes:

cammin 4.6 said:
MrMorden,

Glad to hear things worked out well for you. Tim was telling me about your car on the phone the other day and said it was a beast.

Congrats,
Ashley

Thanks! It is becoming more beastly daily. Luckily my birthday is on the 10th. Guess what I'm getting from my wife? That's right, HP blower cams. :bs: