Huge Bumps Hitting Exhaust

BOOMSHAKALAKA

May 13, 2008
I am sure most of you have the same problem, but lately I feel like everytime i drive, I turn into a lot or something, and my midpipe hits! Its annoying haha. It's like i fix the exhaust leak, and two days later, its back. I drive very slow and at angles and it still hits sometimes. O yeah, I have H&R springs. Anyone have same problem all the time?

• Sponsors (?)

Yea, it sucks, I hit my p/c on everything, even being stock height. The problem is that I didnt before so i think when i changed it out for smog and put it back on that i didnt tuck it up well enough. I have had some nasty scrapes on some speed bumps, just rolling over them, hahaha there are some that i avoid because of it. Just gotta learn your area. What im going to try is to loosen all the bolts on the mid then get a jack or something to push the cross section of it up then tighten everything back up again...ill take every bit of clearance i can get.

I live in Michigan (HORRIBLE roads), am lowered, and only hit my Prochamber on VERY high driveway curbs. What I did, was the last time I was under the car to change the passenger manifold flange gasket, I loosened all of the bolts up on the exhaust. I put my floor jack under the prochamber and jacked it up until it was touching the car. I then snugged down all of the bolts and let it go. It rides nice and close to the body, and doesn't hit anything.

the BS that i dont understand is these stupid fvkin shopping centers that make their speed bumps 12 inches high. There is no way any sports car lowered or not could make them. :mad:

Oh yea and they are like freaking 9 feet wide too. Its rediculous. When i have my woman in the car shes all like "i feel fat cuz you always scrape with me in the car" and i'm like shut up. I mean she is like 4 to 5 inches taller than me but she a personal trainer so i kniw she isnt fat. yea sorry had to brag a little, but seriously those things are pointless.