Huge SHOUT OUT to SHREK!!

SuperStang83

Founding Member
Mar 21, 2001
Boyertown, Pa
I wanted to take a moment to thank JT (HISSIN50) for helping me get my car running reliably. The story is that I was separating from active duty and driving from Tucson to Philly, which is almost 2400 miles, and my car wouldn't stay running. JT took a day out of his schedule on short notice to drive over to my place which was an hour across town and look at my car. We didn't get the car fixed that day, and that was 4 days before I was supposed to leave, but JT did locate the problem and I was able to permanently fix it before I left. The problem was with the fuel pump pigtail connector, something I would have never identified as being the problem! Anyway the car made it home without a problem at all! I was super stoked, because to look at the car you wouldn't think that it would be able to make it out of the driveway, but it made it all the way here and averaged about 25 miles per gallon. I think that it could have gotten closer to 28 miles per gallon, but with a partial DITY move the car was loaded down. I also had my father-in-law, as well as my Boxer along for the trip.

JT also made time for me to call with any concerns that I might have, and was overall just a blessing to have help me out. He wouldn't take a thing for it either, not even a taco!

Anyone that goes over onto the 5.0 tech side of the house can see that HISSIN50 really knows his stuff, and he proved to me that he doesn't just know how to post! Thank you again so much for all of your help man, we really appreciate all that you did for us!

Jacob

• Sponsors (?)

:nice:

Always good to hear a story like this, the main thing about this whole site is everyone always has an open ear and if they can give you the info and support to help you they will. It could be something as simple as removing a door panel, or as technical as removing the motor and tranny, we're all here to help each other.

The fact that he came in person to help you shows his integrity and passion for mustangs and helping others, I commend him! :nice:

Jacob, it was my pleasure man. Thank you to you and your family for your hospitality - I had a really nice time at your place. :nice: That was also the first time I've worked on someone's car and his wife was totally cool and hung out while wrenching. Normally I just get yelled at for being dirty and told I need to wash my hands with the dog's spit. :lol: You got a keeper!

You're good people - it's too bad we were across town from one another or we'd have hung out quite a bit.

I still feel bad that we couldn't fix the issue that day - I HATE doing splice repairs on any car, let alone someone else's car, let alone a car about to go across the country. :bang: You did a good job making a nice solid repair before you left. :nice: I know it was hectic for y'all.

And that's awesome that the car made it across country without incident. :banana:

I have to totally agree about the Stangnet community. I've received parts from some folks on here myself (for instance, Dave [92GreenGT] was kind enough to send me his smog pump........totally free. He wouldn't take anything for it, even shipping!). I've chatted quite a bit with many of ya in PM's or emails as well. :nice:

And thank you to everyone else for the kind words. Right backatcha' :nice:

BTW Jacob, you will be coming back out for that car show in Green Valley, right? I ain't walkin around that golf course by myself........... :D

Lastly, thank you for your service to our country! :flag: