Hum de dum, what to do?

95BlueStallion

My assy trans to myself
15 Year Member
Feb 22, 2007
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Well boys, I have about $500 laying around that I want to blow on the stang! Ive been cut off a few times to see that my brakes could use upgrading, but I hate to get the cobra kit now since my rotors arent warped and I have good pad life yet... My other option Im considering is a trickflow intake. I want to end up with the full Trickflow H/C/I combo eventually, but wont be able to purchase it all this winter like I intended to. Will an intake by itself create a noticable power gain? When I say noticable, I mean 10-15 horsepower or more... I dont have enough for an intake and bigger throttle body, so I dont know if an intake by itself is a good purchase? What would you guys do with $500? I already have gears, pulleys, exhaust, & the usual bolt-ons... Any opions are appreciated!:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the input! Anyone else bored at work, have an opinion to throw at me? The only other thing Im wondering is if it would be worth saving another $500 and get the four piston Cobra R brakes? I would like to road race the car on occasion at open track days, so would getting regular cobra brakes be a worthy enough investment for that venture? Ive never been in a car with anything but stock GT brakes, so I dont know the differences...:shrug:

Cobra brakes... I DD with my car and while the cobra intake was a good SOTP difference it is not needed nearly as much as the cobra brakes... I almsot get cocky now knowing that I can outstop most other cars...

Well since 27 people have looked and only two brave souls have responded, maybe I will take the advice and go with brakes! Are their any sweet crimping tools needed, or do the cobra upgrade brake lines just bolt straight on?

Im going to go with the brakes, Ive already made up my mind. The main reason being that I think I can save some dough by buying the complete H/C/I kit from Trickflow instead of piece by piece over time... Thanks again for the input folks!

First off, who is Adam? I dont know any of you guys by name, other than you Grady cause you sign your posts! Secondly, which peeps should I listen to, the power guys, or braking guys?!

* Nevermind, I looked closer and found names in more of the posts!

Wow, Ive never checked out that site! Thats quite a bit cheaper than Summit or Jegs, which is where I always order from... Thats not bad, but I would probably save the rest of my money for the H/C/I combo I want so badly! You guys have definitely proven helpful!:hail2:

First off, who is Adam? I dont know any of you guys by name, other than you Grady cause you sign your posts! Secondly, which peeps should I listen to, the power guys, or braking guys?!

* Nevermind, I looked closer and found names in more of the posts!

Well Now :D

Since your post count is kinda low and all :)
and
Since this IS the talk place after all :rlaugh:

I'll take it upon myself to let you in on a little secret ;)

This place ain't like most others :nono:
and
You have already noticed just ... One Difference :nice:

Many of us know each other by our ... Real Names :eek:

To me ... That speaks volumes about things :Word:
and
I won't go into all that :)
but
Remember the words to the theme song of ... Cheers :D

Hey ... This is a friendly place ... AND ... We be friendly folk :banana:

Soooo ... YOU TOO can be called by your name by the rest of us ...
That is ... IF ... you tell it to us ;)

About that throttle body and the peeps I mentioned above :D

I seemed to me somebody had given you an impression a tb would
make a difference ... and ... so much so ... that you might should not
do an intake without one.

At the current state of your combo ...
I highly doubt a tb would make a difference that you could feel :Word:

I was just trying to show ...
Somebody could be trying blowing smoke up somewhere it don't belong :D
thus
Hoping to help you avoid doing a mod that makes no power :bang:

Grady

Awesome, thanks for advice! Again, you guys have given way more than the little opinion I asked for. I did go ahead and buy the brakes, just cause I think it would be smarter to think out my H/C/I combo and buy all that is needed at one time and do it once...

-Nick

i disagree about the power level thing. i did my brakes after the engine work and after feeling the difference, i regret not doing them first
Word.gif

brakes...seriously

going from a 95 gt to a mach 1 back to a 95 gt the one thing that scares me the most are the stock brakes in these cars.