Engine Hydraulic lifter adjustment-problem solved

• Sponsors (?)

You say at the end something about not knowing why it's knocking - you don't have an exhaust leak do you? If it's up around the manifolds/headers, it'll sound a lot like a loose rocker arm knocking and give you the impression that that's what it is.

Hi and thanks for watching.

I'm sure I have the lifters correct and all noise from them is gone after the re-adjustment. Last summer along with fuel lines, fuel tank, brakes, and a multitude of other things, I replaced all lifters, pushrods, and rockers because I had some stuck valves due to storage since 1985 or 86. I did a start-up and drove it around the block a few times with the bad clutch. I had some lifters clacking and that is what I was trying to eliminate in the last video. That worked and it seemed to me that I still had something knocking. (Note: After 40 years in the construction industry - I'm hard of hearing and wear hearing aids.) So, I'm not sure what or even if there is still a noise.
Last weekend when I cleaned the garage and put the Cobra ii up on blocks for the clutch replacement; I needed to move it around a little. When I did that I couldn't hear the knock. That doesn't mean it isn't there it just means I couldn't hear it. But, the engine needs to be broken in which I can't do until I get the clutch replaced. We'll see.
There is a really good chance of an exhaust leak. I'll replace the gaskets during the clutch procedure as I need to pull the blackjacks loose while removing the bell housing. I'll see if I can find some new header bolts when I put them back on and make sure they are not touching anything causing a leak. The first thing to happen after the clutch is to take it over to the exhaust shop for an exhaust system. It is a cobbed together piece of crap right now. Just enough to keep me from getting arrested.
It's a never-ending to-do list....
I'm sure that I'll record it as we go through the summer regardless.
Enzio