I am @ a loss PLEASE help

I have a 96 GT and I have a couple of issues I was wondering if someone could help me figure out. First off I just got the car and I just came out the shop from having the motor rebuilt so has less then 500 miles on it right now. I am throwing 2 CELs... one is p0402 which I believe is probly a bad DPFE becuase the EGR is brand new. The other CEL is a p1443 which I thought may have been a bad canister sensor (forget the name) so I replaced that with a slightly less used one but no luck it still throws CEL, however the smell of fuel is 95% less than before I changed it. Could someone please help me out and give me some suggestions. I am on a tight budget and dont wanna throw away $$$.

Also one other issue that maybe someone could help with... I live in Las Vegas and when I drive the city (to & from work/ Store) the car runs good, however is I am cruising say at 35 or 45 mph I start to feel this hesitation/sluggish/slipping feeling and when I give it a little more gas it stops until I even out at a cruising speed again. Could that be caused by one of the above mentioned issues? And could one the above cause the car to stall and not start back up for about 20mins (when stalls I try to restart and it will idle real rough and back fire then die kinda like its getting no fuel or is flooded or something).

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 96 GT and I have a couple of issues I was wondering if someone could help me figure out. First off I just got the car and I just came out the shop from having the motor rebuilt so has less then 500 miles on it right now. I am throwing 2 CELs... one is p0402 which I believe is probly a bad DPFE becuase the EGR is brand new. The other CEL is a p1443 which I thought may have been a bad canister sensor (forget the name) so I replaced that with a slightly less used one but no luck it still throws CEL, however the smell of fuel is 95% less than before I changed it. Could someone please help me out and give me some suggestions. I am on a tight budget and dont wanna throw away $$$.

Also one other issue that maybe someone could help with... I live in Las Vegas and when I drive the city (to & from work/ Store) the car runs good, however is I am cruising say at 35 or 45 mph I start to feel this hesitation/sluggish/slipping feeling and when I give it a little more gas it stops until I even out at a cruising speed again. Could that be caused by one of the above mentioned issues? And could one the above cause the car to stall and not start back up for about 20mins (when stalls I try to restart and it will idle real rough and back fire then die kinda like its getting no fuel or is flooded or something).

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

P0402 is excessive EGR flow. It could definitely explain the part-throttle roughness. A stall from idle could be caused by an EGR valve that's stuck open though it's hard to picture that causing a no-start condition. I agree with GDawg: DPFE first.

For the P1443 you might check the fuel tank filler neck and vent tube for damage or leaks.