I cannot believe this!!!

ninjastang125

Nov 1, 2008
maryland
Well long story short my motor is coming back out. I went to start my car up for the first time in a week to go to the track. Drove to the track and everything was fine. Went and took my first pass and my check engine light came on and the pass felt bad. Ended up a 13.0 at 104:nonono: Needless to say i was pissed. Let the car cool off and thinking for some reason my tune got kicked out i uploaded my tune again. Second pass went better but still crap, 12.7 at 107. So i let it cool down again to run one more time. Well the third time was all it took. Now i have a damn tick coming from my heads. The shop that installed my cams said it sounds like a vavle spring.:mad: So i had the car towed home and now tomorrow i get to tear this p.o.s back apart. This set-up only has 2000 miles on it and not even 10 passes and a mf'n valve spring breaks. The only good thing is im going to be doing heads and long tubes before it goes back in. Im debating on to go back to a stock p.i motor and run trickflow heads or run my mark 8 bottom end and go with patriot heads.

...end rant....

• Sponsors (?)

well, ill put it this way: the stock springs will only last so long with bigger cams (fatigue)

dont feel bad ive had 3 engines in mine in the past 2 months, and maybe 500 miles this year!!

i pi swapped my non pi shortblock and broke a valvespring, needless to say it wiped out a piston instantly.

second motor i bought supposedly good and it had 7 spun rod bearings!!

last one i just finally built, so i knew it would be right and it runs like a champ!!

SO, get the good springs on your heads, throw the mark shortblock under it and ride out!! unless you want to go for the trickflow's

I'm sporting the trickflow's on a stock block and lovin them. Haven't drove the car for some months as I'm away, but had them installed with new cams and ran like a champ for those first months intill I had to store it away....gives the 2V community something to look forward to as far as heads go...

Sorry for the streak of badluck guy...but they usually turn out to be blessings in disguise.

Tore the heads off tonight and everything was fine in the top end. Metal is the oil pan though so I guess it spun a bearing. My question now is who makes a good stroker short block? I know mmr but does anyone else match up with them? If I do go with mmr I might go with a long block and get ported heads at the same time. I do know the car will be down for a couple months now that its not the heads :bang:

Tore the heads off tonight and everything was fine in the top end. Metal is the oil pan though so I guess it spun a bearing. My question now is who makes a good stroker short block? I know mmr but does anyone else match up with them? If I do go with mmr I might go with a long block and get ported heads at the same time. I do know the car will be down for a couple months now that its not the heads :bang:

I've always been a fan of Livernois shortblocks. They have stroker blocks from 298ci to 323ci. Their blocks are usually rated to 1000hp at the fly. Have to boys running them hard often and both holding like a champ. One going on two years with a F1-A procharger and another going with a N/A setup with three years of hard runs.