I cannot believe what I just did.

BurningRubber

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2004
...but I think I like it!!!

Nothing like a little Black Friday sale...:hail2:

2v-Mustang-Plate-Kit-l.jpg

mustang-2valve-plate-l-01.jpg

So... planning on starting at a 75 shot and going 100 shot max. Doing datalogging BEFORE spraying with my Predator to figure out where I need to back the timing down to. Probably 2 degrees from stock, but I do not know how much the Predator bumps it on a "canned" tune.

I am still going to need plugs, window switch, and purge... but I HAD to pull the trigger on this now. Too good of a deal to pass up for a plate kit IMO. I know HSW isn't a huge company, but they have a very loyal following and I am confident they will back their product.

Holy crap...:banana::banana::banana:

Now, how long do you think it will last with 142,xxx on the clock??? :rlaugh:

I WILL NOT BE SPRAYING OFTEN, as I hardly to go the track and I DO NOT want to push my luck, so I think it will last as long as I want it to. I CANNOT WAIT to shut my LS1 buddies up... WOO HOO!!!

• Sponsors (?)

SICK!! nice buy man... just don't lean it out and she should last a while on you :nice: aaaaand if she doesn't, rebuild her better, faster, stronger haha

Haha, I hear that. It should be jetted rich as-is, but I will strap it to the rollers and get a reading before regularly using it.

I can always fatten it up with the Predator to be safe.

If it blows... I know that's a risk going into it. I am kind of asking for disaster since the compression in 2 cylinders is around 120psi...:lol:

At this moment I care not!!! It's a long term car as far as I'm concerned, and you got to have fun sometime...

Sweet! You will not be disappointed with HSW's products. I have been running one of their nozzle kits for 2 years without any trouble.

I do llike the design of the new plate they have. I like the solenoid mounting bracket that comes in the kit. Only concern I would have is wether or not it will clear the stock hood with a stock/aftermarket plenum.

As for timing suggestions, I am running 16* total timing with my 125 shot without any problems. 91 octane fuel also.

They run on a sale on them today? I've been eyeing their kit for the 06---under $400 for a wet kit, hard to go wrong :nice:

EDIT: Just noticed they are offering 20% off on their items with a discount code---I might be broke!

They run on a sale on them today? I've been eyeing their kit for the 06---under $400 for a wet kit, hard to go wrong :nice:

EDIT: Just noticed they are offering 20% off on their items with a discount code---I might be broke!

:ban:

Sounds like fun! Your going to love it when it hits. Make sure you have some traction out back!

Sweet! You will not be disappointed with HSW's products. I have been running one of their nozzle kits for 2 years without any trouble.

I do llike the design of the new plate they have. I like the solenoid mounting bracket that comes in the kit. Only concern I would have is wether or not it will clear the stock hood with a stock/aftermarket plenum.

As for timing suggestions, I am running 16* total timing with my 125 shot without any problems. 91 octane fuel also.

That's great to hear that yours has been good so far.

I also like the solenoid mounting as well. I also thought about hood clearance, and since I have an aftermarket plenum that sits higher, it may be an issue. I still have my stock plenum if I need to switch back, and I can port it... so no biggy if so.

Thanks for the tip on the timing. I run 93 octane at all times, so that's a little extra margin of safety.

I want to spray but i get nervous thinking about it...especially with a plastic manifold.

I do too. All day I have been thinking that I can't wait to install it, but then it's going to take a lot of nerve to arm the system and go wide open... hahaha.

Ohhhhh so sexy that's the kit im getting in dec:drool:

:rock:

Better buy now... they may have a good Christmas sale, but it's REALLY EASY to find the discount code (I found it through Google) and this is good through either Sunday or Monday if I remember correctly.

Yep. I was actually looking at a totally different brand, almost ready to pull the trigger when I searched one last time... and whalah. It cost a little more, but it's worth it for the plate kit. I rather not hack my intake up and I prefer the cleaner installation.

:ban:

Sounds like fun! Your going to love it when it hits. Make sure you have some traction out back!

Haha, yeah that is something I definitely don't have even with bolt ons.

I need a window switch that locks out first for sure, or else it's just going to be spin city.

I can always strap the drag radials on to fix that, though... lol.

Awesome man! I still need a window switch for mine too. Now thats its in the garage for the winter I'll be able to get all the parts I've been needing for it and install them.

Yeah man, I can hardly wait until it gets here.

Have you sprayed yours yet, or are you waiting on everything to spray?

I might test mine out without a window switch on a baby shot, but I have a while to decide on that. I need to get plugs, COP's, and a purge kit after the kit gets here.

Hoping that something in January or February I'll have it complete and ready to spray.

I ran mine a few times at the track and quite a bit on the street without a window switch. Just gotta watch the rpms and make sure to not miss any gears!

Yeah I have pretty much mastered feathering the throttle to get traction, but it's just missing a gear that worries me. If I don't try to bang through the gears just to make sure its working, I'd run it without a window switch.

But for the real racing, I wouldn't feel comfortable without a WS. I don't usually miss a shift but it has happened several times, and it makes me cringe doing that on motor...