I could have sworn I saw an '05 Mustang on a car carrier today.

• Sponsors (?)

According to the AAI line worker who posts on Brad's site, As of yesterday evening, they have NOT shipped any production cars. They are all sitting in holding lots @ AAI. There are empty rail cars sitting there apparantly waiting to take them away once the OK is given.

Rumor is that Ford does not want the '05s at the dealers until the Sept 27 launch date.

PerformanceRed said:
All 2005 Mustangs are being held because Ford has detected that they all have engine problems.

the RUMOR is that the 4.6L engines are defective, which is in question since this was reported on the BON site. The main reason they are being held is for the Sep.27th launch celebration.

PerformanceRed said:
It is no rumor. The 4.6 liter engines have some sort of problem. Ford wants to fix all the cars that were built before they are sent out to the dealers.

actually it isnt a rumor. its jsut false. several people who work on the line have disproved it

I saw a yellow GT the other day on the road for the first time. When I saw it driving the other direction it took me a minute to realize what it was. Do they all have Michigan plates even in different states. I looked like it did.

My friend said he saw a blue one with paper plates on it the other day too. Can that be possible?

A buddy of mine has a 05 F150 with the 3V 4.6L and there are no problems with it. It is my understanding that the 3V used in the F150 is not much different than the one that will be dropped in the car.

Before you know it, we'll be seeing V6 '05 Mustangs in every parking lot, high school, college and driveway across the country. There will be more '05's than you can shake a stick at.

Just think back when the '99's came out. The first time i saw one in person (a black V6) it was like "woah". Now i see 20 a day and even drive one, so it's no big deal.

Enjoy this time now, especially those that ordered them and will be the first on the roads, because in 6 months, it will just be another cookie cutter Mustang on the road.

Yeah, we'll all see plenty of 2005 Mustangs. They will all be at the Ford dealers getting recall work done to them.

Who knows? Maybe the Mustangs are all okay. Maybe they "do" have defective engines. Who knows? All that I know is that I am glad that I already own a 2001 GT. If I were to buy a brand new Mustang, I would wait until they get the engines on these cars right.

PerformanceRed said:
I already own a 2001 GT.

So what do you have to say about the T-3650 fiasco affecting the 2001-2003 Mustangs?? That problem has been ongoing with Ford for the last 3 years and is only now being fixed. Many guys i know with 2001's are on their 2nd or even 3rd 5-spd tranny. Unless you have an Automatic, this problem affects you as well.

Quit badmouthing a car that has yet to even hit the showroom floors. The defective engine problem is nothing more than a rumor started by a website which has lost its credibility over the years.

PerformanceRed said:
Yeah, we'll all see plenty of 2005 Mustangs. They will all be at the Ford dealers getting recall work done to them.
If this was twenty years ago, that statement would be valid. The car industry has changed over the past few decades. The do a significant amount of testing before a new car or version is released to the public. Back in the day you had significant recalls due to beta testing the public. Back in the mid eighties, when the car industry was going through the turbo craze (i.e., SVO, Turbo Coupe, etc.), there were numerous recalls because parts were not tested prior to release. My sister had Turbo that was recalled twice with respect to the Turbo. Once the first recalled turbo was replaced it wasn't six months later when it was recalled again to retrofit another turbo system.

The 05 Mustangs have been in production for probably the better part of of the 21st century. You will see minimal recalls with the car; as with any modern era vehicles. That is not to say that there will be issues. There are issues with all vehicles; all makes, all years, all models. This is a norm. Stop worrying about the car and it's problems; especially since it has not been released yet.