I decided on SLP (I think)

I posted a thread last week asking SLP or Bassani Exhaust. I listened to some youtube videos and I really like how the SLP sounds. Now I'm trying to figure out which Catback to install the LM1 or LM2 or there was another one but I forget what its called. I also have a question about headers, are they really worth $600
I just bought new rims and tires and i'm getting gears put in and I really dont have another 600 dollars for the headers.:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

not real sure where the "tech" in this thread is...........

save your money if you cant afford headers now.

In your sig, it says you already have a flowmaster catback. You already have mandrel bent pipes on your catback. Buy some mufflers and put them in instead. No reason in dropping tons of cash on another catback. Just get some mufflers.

I think your better off saving your money for something else. Thats a ton of money for zero hp gain and to just change mufflers.

I dont know where you heard 1's but they are on my car and it doesnt sound like a dump truck. I like them alot, you can just buy the SLP resonators and replace your mufflers with the resonators. Dont watse all that money on another catback and just buy the resonators seperatly

There is a big difference between slp 1's and 2's...basicly 1's sound like a dumptruck, 2's are much more mild

+1

I had flows for 3 years. About a year with bassani catted x, and a year with o/r h. I grew happy with each addition, but finally got bored, even though it sounded great.

Swapped to LM I's...lasted maybe two weeks and I put the flows back on for a few months. I then purchased the LM II's to swap in and I'm happy.

The LM II's sound good at idle, mellow at lower RPMs and sound nice at WOT. Plus the SLP tips are awesome, and the fit is great.

I dont know where you heard 1's but they are on my car and it doesnt sound like a dump truck. I like them alot, you can just buy the SLP resonators and replace your mufflers with the resonators. Dont watse all that money on another catback and just buy the resonators seperatly

Wait until you put your o/r pipe on. You will agree that they sound like a dump truck. The I's sound ok as long as you have cats, as soon as you switch to no cats :ack:

To the OP:
The II's sounds awesome with either. More of a deeper, more aggressive tone to them, while not being extremely loud

The PowerFlos are the other SLP mufflers, about the same tone as the II's, just more quieter.

i should have said with an offroad pipe they sound like a dumptruck, with a catted pipe they sound ok

Just get some Dynomax Bullet mufflers they are basacially the same as the LMII's just not stainless steel and sound the same. and are only 80.00 instead of 200.00 for the LMII's. And what headers are 600.00? I think the SLP's are 900.00.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.fullscreen&videoid=3969405

If you have myspace,

That's with BBK Shorties, a Catted ProChamber, and SLP LM1's

Honestly before the shorties it sounded like ass, the shorties toned it down slightly.

There is only popping when you downshift, no longer when I decelerate, if you pop the throttle it will pop a bit too, but it doesn't sound too bad.