I don't think it is possible to make wheels that look better then these

DarkoStoj

Founding Member
Sep 4, 2002
Detroit
attachment.php

honestly, I wouldn't be able to bring myself to spend money on wheels unless it is these..... It is such a PITA finding them though! :fuss:

• Sponsors (?)

Since the 409's are WAY harder to find now, I have been looking for replacements, but nothing even comes close.

Boyd Coddington Smoothie II's

Smoothie_II_5.jpg

I really like these ALMOST as much as the Edelbrock 409's, but who has almost $900 a wheel? :eek:

83.gif

Boyds

I do not know if Discount Tire is a nationwide chain but they sell Boyds. The two shops I spoke to said they do not see a lot of quality or consistency when they get a set in. One shop sends them to a polisher to finish the job. The same shop said the rims sometimes come dirty with polishing compound caked on them. The store manager said TT2's are much higher quality and finish- but again they are everywhere.

wheels

I had 4.5 back spacing on my Smoothies (17x8 back and 17x7 front) that were on my 66 coupe.I just bought the same size Billet Specialties SLX45's for my 66 Fastback and they look sweet.I was tired of seeing only TT's on every mustang out there.They area a nice looking wheel but I'm getting tired of seeing them.Just my thought's