I Hate Odd Noises

ace305

Dec 28, 2011
I have a 2001 Bullitt. I get this vibration/grown when taking off in first normally. cant seem to figure it out. New struts, springs, rotors, brakes, wheel hubs. the sound last a second. only at certain rpm. almost like the car has to hit a certain vibration from accelerating before it happens. only hear it on acceleration.

are there any points I could grease or lubricate ?

thanks

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

hey is a standard. how to check for bad motor mount and unbalanced drive shaft?

thanks for the reply

Bad motor mounts would have the motor shaking around a lot more than normal but if they were bad I would imagine you would notice it when driving at any speed. The driveshaft you can go to a shop and have them balance it for you. A unbalanced driveshaft would cause noticeable vibration but I could be wrong.

Could it be a bad lower ball joint? the boots are torn. I purchased the car used. No telling how long its been torn. can ball joints make noises other than "clunking sounds" ?

Most of the time you can check mounts by a visual inspection, have also put a piece of wood under the pan and gently tried to raise the engine/trans. and watching the mounts(usually separation of the rubber from the steel).

FOUND IT! its in the rear passenger brake. When I go supper slow it sounds like its a warped rotor. gets loud than goes away gets loud then goes away. if I pull the emergency brake a little it shuts up. the rotors are brand new. any advice?

thanks

Do not grease the back of the pads, you can try spray'n the back of the pad with blue brake anti squeel stuff but most pads now have a anti squeek pad built in, swapping the rotors is a good idea too, see if the sound follows the rotor.

Reactions: 1 user