I honestly want your opinions.

LAFF

Enough to make my old Nipples hard
Jul 2, 2019
Chillicothe, Missouri
As some of you know I’m getting ready to put a 302 in my old 83.
I have a friend who is a great mechanic, fabricator.
He’s already welded in the frame connectors.
He is gonna do it all for me.
Once it goes to him he is planning on getting everything done over his weekend.
He ask me to get the wheels, and tires on it before he puts in the duel
Exhaust.
I would really like some suggestions, and pictures if possible. With wheel, and tire sizes.
Here is what I’m working with.

1F8F2969-6C8F-4497-91CA-14EBC18DF5F9.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

For tire size on the 17’s that have already been suggested, I keep going back to liking the 245/45 and 275/40 combo the best.

Sve Saleen wheels
17x8 17x9 :drool:
C73FD406-DBC5-4C36-A648-45096DCB16C0.jpeg

And yes.. they come in 4-lug, these just popped up first on Google lol

597E631D-9016-4C56-A2A8-97903AE06915.jpeg

These are the ones I have on mine now, why are they called Saleen wheels, did the saleen come with a similar style? People compliment mine quite often but I actually think I want more of a weld prostar look eventually after a 5 lug swap.

These are the ones I have on mine now, why are they called Saleen wheels, did the saleen come with a similar style? People compliment mine quite often but I actually think I want more of a weld prostar look eventually after a 5 lug swap.

They are a replica of the 1 piece Stern wheels that came on some fox saleens.

I remember there was always demand for them and then LMR actually released a set and they have become quite popular

IMG_5157.JPG

IMG_5156.JPG

Reactions: 2 users
quoted from his other post.

"After I have the engine installed, and everything is good I'll change to 5 stud axles. "

So let's assume 5 lug (which is the smart thing to do).
I'd say a wheel no smaller than 17x8, no larger than 18x9.
Michelin all season tires
I'm doubting you want any headaches, so i'd say limit the width to 245. Can you go wider? Yes, but when you pass that size fitment gets tight, some people are willing to do what it takes, some aren't.

The wheels and tires are going to be easy.
It's the brakes and 5 lug you need a plan for.
Quick and cheap is lincoln rotors up front, ranger axles and drums out back. But there may be center cap issues with the front wheels.

Last edited:
quoted from his other post.

"After I have the engine installed, and everything is good I'll change to 5 stud axles. "

So let's assume 5 lug (which is the smart thing to do).
I'd say a wheel no smaller than 17x8, no larger than 18x9.
Michelin all season tires
I'm doubting you want any headaches, so i'd say limit the width to 245. Can you go wider? Yes, but when you pass that size fitment gets tight, some people are willing to do what it takes, some aren't.

The wheels and tires are going to be easy.
It's the brakes and 5 lug you need a plan for.
Quick and cheap is lincoln rotors up front, ranger axles and drums out back. But there may be center cap issues with the front wheels.

I’ll keep this in mind. Thanks