I jumped on the procar Rally seat bandwagon

http://www.my68gt.com/gallery/seats

I ended up custom ordering to get the Unique Performance stitch pattern without the Shelby signature on them. I figure he's not building my car, and with all his lawsuit crap lately, I don't want his name on it. :)

It took me forever and a day to get them, but they ended up giving me a deal on the leather ones.

It was a bolt-in installation with the exception of needing to refit the slider latch mechanism wire.

My only criticisms have been noted by others before --

1. They sit a bit too high, even on the lowest setting. I'm 6', and I'd like to be an inch or so lower, even with the seat back at the maximum reach to the steering wheel. This also places me even farther from the shifter, so I'm concerned about shifting if I put in harnesses. :)

2. The bolsters do make ingress/egress more difficult, and I'm pretty skinny. I'm probably going to be thinking about a tilt column. :)

Other than that, the seats are pretty comfy, if very firm -- and certainly hold me in place a lot better than my bent-frame stock seat!

• Sponsors (?)

peppy said:
Also, were these seats ordered from procar with the custom stitching?

I ended up around $1,100 for everything, shipped, but they gave me a discount because the order got messed up -- the manufacturer shipped them in leather instead of vinyl.

Yes, I ordered them with the custom stitching -- simply asked them for the UP stitching with no headrest stitching, as seen on the Paul Jr GT-500E.

In fact, the seats I originally ordered in Vinyl should be there in a few days, so somebody can probably snag those if they liked the pattern. :)