I need a new car cover - please recommend

kalvick

Founding Member
Jun 29, 2001
Norwalk, CT
Well, I was procrastinating long enough and my car cover is just full of holes, dirty and essentially does not work any more.

the problem with my current car cover (custom shaped to fit the Stang) is that over time the wind just ripped it apart. the chain that links on the bottom of the cover, held the cover in place on top of the car but wind would pull the cover off the hood and trunk. the stress of it just ripped it all up.

I am looking to buy a new car cover. I want one that fits like a second skin, or has some sort of draw string on it so the wind wont blow it off. I live in a windy area. I also want something that is good at blocking out rain & excessive sun too.

recommendations.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm interested in this too, though I don't usually keep my car outside. I am bringing my car here to the desert in Palm Springs and if I do take it out I don't want it sitting unprotected in a parking lot in one hundred ten plus temps when the wind picks up and blows some sand :notnice: A good cover outside cover is HARD to find. Last one I bought was for my vette, it was supposed to be a good cover but I noticed some surface abrasion on my paint. Needless to say I called the co pissed, they said nothing, and I threw it in the trash right away. I was going to get a "coverking" for my stang in the next day or two. Hopefully people chime in here though with some good stuff.

I bought the nice one from AM and it's great. Very tight fitting. As far as putting a cover on it in a parking lot...there is no way I would put mine on unless the car is very clean. I'm too afraid it would scratch up my finish.

Get the Kimberly Clark Noah from California Car Cover. It was $250, but worth every penny. It is UV resistant, waterproof, and freeze proof for the winter. I throw the cover on every winter, and the car is just as clean underneath 3 months later as it was when I covered it. I've had 2 covers in the past, and this one FAR surpasses it in quality and usability.

I bought the nice one from AM and it's great. Very tight fitting. As far as putting a cover on it in a parking lot...there is no way I would put mine on unless the car is very clean. I'm too afraid it would scratch up my finish.

My cars never have a spec of anything when they leave the house....and I never take one of my nice cars in inclement weather (wind with sand) however, even just going to the gym for two hours, it can creap up while i'm in there, sometimes, and I don't like seeing the layer of sand on the car, in the key holes, cracks, etc. It's a pain to clean back up to say the least.