I need a picture of how to plumb in...

65fastbackresto

Apr 13, 2007
AR
a combo proportioning and distrubution block for a disc drum combo. I got it in the mail and it dont have an instruction one as to what goes where.

I had a dual bowl master cylinder with front bowl running back brakes and back bowl running the granadas up front right now.

• Sponsors (?)

We will need a picture of you you got in the mail. Generally, the MC to the top of the dist block-rear brakes to the rear of the block, front brakes to the front. Line coming from the rear brakes goes on the bottom rear of the block, line coming from the pass side front wheel goes bottom front, drv side front goes in the front going straight into the block (horizontal)-generally...so, it says combo porportioning/distribution-does that mean it has a cylindrical part bracketed to it at an angle? THat would be an original disk/drum dist block. If thats what you have, and it's in pieces, you can determine how fluid would flow through the block with air (under pressure of course). As long as the porportioning valve is between the MC and the rear brake line, it should work as designed. Post a picture when you get a chance.

IMO use the stock dist block, use a dual bowl master from 67-70 pwr disc, get an adj prop valve in line to the rear. Cap the block where the rear line went in and run the rear right into the small bowl on the master.

You have no adjustment there and if you're still running a single bowl, you're tempting fate.

I`ve got the granada setup

and never installed the combo valve from the start, i had the adj prob valve in the rear brake line in addition to a 10 lb residual pressure valve, and i`ve always had a real soft brake pedal close to the floor. Trying to fix it where I`d feel safe if someone else drove it.

I just took the adj prob out of the system because I ran it wide open anyway, couldn`t bleed the brakes with it tightened up any, if that makes any sense.

I think my mc is from a 67-70 mustang.

I don't think you need the res valve...

The prop valve if good should be all you need for rear brake bias as long as it's separated (run straight into) at the master. In other words, not run through the dist block.

I got the master cyclinder from Cobra Automotive and they had a pre bent line set and I added a Wilwood proportioning valve. Used the stock dist-block just like mdjay said. The whole thing cost less than $150 bocks and was a very clean install. No residual valve needed if you get the right master cylinder. I have a very hard pedal and have the rear brakes ajusted to min pressure with the proportioning valve. Otherwise I have way too much rear brake

I got the master cyclinder from Cobra Automotive and they had a pre bent line set and I added a Wilwood proportioning valve. Used the stock dist-block just like mdjay said. The whole thing cost less than $150 bocks and was a very clean install. No residual valve needed if you get the right master cylinder. I have a very hard pedal and have the rear brakes ajusted to min pressure with the proportioning valve. Otherwise I have way too much rear brake

If you have too much rear brake then you need more front brake, not less rear brake =P

If you have drums and your MC doesn't have a residual presure valve built in for the circuit then you need an external one. Which MC are you using ?