I need buying help!

redryan

Aug 24, 2005
GM or Ford?

Has anyone here purchased one of the new GT's on A plan or Z plan or whatever they want to call it. I see that the MSRP is around 25k for these cars... does anyone know how much I could get this car on A plan? My grandfather retired from Ford so I would get the discount. I will be getting commissioned in the Air Force soon and will be looking to get a new car. I was looking into getting an F-Body car, possibly a GTO, or one of the new GT's if I could get it at a low price. I know that these car's dont have as high of HP #'s as the LS1/LS2 cars stock for stock... but how do the new 3v motors respond to mods? I want to be able to stick this car into the mid 12's relatively quickly, and I know to get an LS1 car into the mid 12's is REALLY easy..... but I wouldnt have a warranty with an LS1 car either, and the new GTO's are over priced for me. SO I think that the GT is the way to go..... or should I just go buy a used 03 Cobra or something and stick a pulley on it! Please someone who knows a lot about these cars give me some insight or info.... :)

• Sponsors (?)

Eh I've been reading a lot now on these forums, it seems like it takes a lot of mods to get these things in line with an ls1 car.... and it needs Forced Induction to beat them by any type of margin. I need the fastest car I can get for the $... looks like an LS1 Fbody w/ low miles is my best way to go. Less $, and if I just put a cam and some other small bolt ons i'll dyno over 400rwhp, and with heads its in the mid 400's...

Do looks or handling not appeal to you? I am not trying to sway your opinion just a general question. To me, the F-body's of late have been ugly and the new GTO looks like a family sedan. Granted, the LS2 is a mighty engine but its also about 6k more. If you have the money, try and find a used 03/04 cobra that is already mid 12s and slap a smaller pulley and tune and you are in the high 11s. Check out svtperformance.com, they have tons of good deals on cobras right now in the forsale section. Just my .02

When it comes to looks... I like both. They both have a lot of potential....

This is gorgeous

DSC05189.jpg

DSC05236.jpg

And so is this..

Foose-6.jpg

Foose-10.jpg

I am just really concerned with performance. I also know that both cars are good at handling....i am a former F-Body owner. I had a 96 z28 with a 383 stroker that put down over 400rwhp.... so this is why I have such a need for speed. A high 13 sec car will still feel pretty weak. I just would like to have a nice reliable daily driver that is in the mid 12's and wont take TONS of money to get there.

Is there anyone here with proof that a bolt-on 05+ stang can run mid 12's? I guess I could just throw a NX wet kit on there with a 100 shot... but thats not constant hp and it is also hard on the motor without everything being forged. HELP! LOL.