I need clutch recommendations

dcstang67

May 26, 2008
I have a 67 Mustang with T5Z built to handle serious power. The motor is a 331 all forged rotating assembly, Dished pistons for 9.0 comp ratio, line honed fully balanced, Canton main girdle, edelbrock heads, E303 cam, Crane 1.7 rockers, trick flow track heat intake, Procharger P600b intercooled. I am planning on running it right around 500 RWHP. I wont be beating the snot out of it by launching it hard. all of this is more for show. I might take it to the drag strip a couple times just to see what it will do. No slicks, just street tires. I plan on driving the car alot so I dont want a really stiff clutch. I just want one that will hold up to the power once and a while. What do you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

I was thinking of Spec stage 2+, Centerforce DFX, Or Ram Powergrip HD. I have heard that the Spec Clutches are pretty stiff feeling. The only information I can find on how much power they will handle is on the Spec clutches. Does anyone know how much power the Centerforce and the Ram Powergrip HD will handle?