I need some advice on shocks and springs

tracyballard

Jul 4, 2011
I'm going to have to replace my shocks sometime in the near future, so I was looking around and the price ranges are pretty extreme. I just want something with a nice firm ride, harsh even would be fine - will KYB Gas-A-Justs do it, or do I need something more expensive??

I will probably need springs too, but every after-market spring lowers the ride height and I don't want that. I like my ride height and I would be fine if it were a half inch higher even. I like to drive around town quickly and I prefer not to slow down too much for dips or bumps. Am I limited to a stock replacement spring? Is there a truck or crown vic spring, etc., that would interchange and provide a stiffer ride without lowering the car any?

• Sponsors (?)

I have a huge sale going on KONI right now, prices are great....non adjustable and adjustable models. I think Eibach makes a kit that is non lowering for the car, Id have to check to see if it is available still. There are kits that only lower 1/2"-3/4" which shouldnt effect your normal driving.

Ford C or B springs usually lower less than other spring sets and tend to cost less as well.

For shocks there are a million options- look at your budget and find something that fits your needs. If you are into autocross or the adjustability of your shocks then go that route but otherwise I'd go with a decent non-adjustable and call it a day.

I like Strange 10-way adjustable shocks & struts on street cars, and they're pretty affordable... but if you can afford Konis, you should take advantage of the sale Rick has going on. Konis are NICE!

Through May so your fine...

Adjustable will allow you to soften up the front struts for weight transfer and then Taylor the rear to give you traction. Tighten them up for cornering on the street.