• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech

I need your help.

  • Thread starter Thread starter welchy
  • Start date Start date Nov 19, 2007
W

welchy

Active User
Mar 30, 2006
11
4
29
Nov 19, 2007
#1
  • Nov 19, 2007
  • #1
So here is the story.

Car threw DTC P2135, which is a throttle postion sensor error.
I put stock intake on and reflashed to stock. The reflash clears the DTC, so I drive it for about a week and nothing happens. I had unplugged and plugged back in both sets of wires going to the throttle body, so I figured maybe that had been the problem. I went ahead and reinstalled my C&L and Brenspeed tune and after several days the problem returned.

So here is my question.

Is it possible that the tune could be causing the problem?
 

kooldawg6

mine works really well and can take a fair amount
Aug 31, 2006
1,679
2
38
Central VA
Nov 19, 2007
#2
  • Nov 19, 2007
  • #2
How many miles have you been running the C&L/tune? I've had my WMS/Brenspeed tune loaded for about 21K miles now with absolutely no problems or codes. Have you contacted Brent?
 
W

welchy

Active User
Mar 30, 2006
11
4
29
Nov 20, 2007
#3
  • Nov 20, 2007
  • #3
Thanks for the response. It has been several thousand miles. No I have not contacted Brent. I wanted to see if it was even a possibility that the tune could be responsible first. I figured I would run the stock set-up for a week or two and /or wait for responses here before I bugged Brent.
 

anthony05gt

Active Member
Mar 18, 2006
1,262
1
37
Maryland
Nov 20, 2007
#4
  • Nov 20, 2007
  • #4
Go ahead and bug him, that's why he's there
 
W

welchy

Active User
Mar 30, 2006
11
4
29
Nov 21, 2007
#5
  • Nov 21, 2007
  • #5
I think I will, but I am going to wait till next week. Been a couple days with the stock setup and no problems. I sure hope Brent can fix it. It is not near as fun to drive without his tune.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

G
2006 Mustang GT o2 Sensor Wiring Issue Car Bogging/Choking
  • GCantero93
  • Sep 5, 2025
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
4
Views
1K
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Sep 6, 2025
Noobz347
C
C4 trans help needed
  • CPH89LX
  • Apr 26, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
289
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 28, 2026
CPH89LX
C
Hard to start when engine is cold
  • 86_Capri
  • Mar 11, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
32
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 21, 2026
CAMTWO1070
S
Need help asap
  • shaggyman65
  • Dec 24, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
284
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Dec 24, 2025
shaggyman65
S
Fox Fuel Pump Issues After Replacement/Upgrade
  • Ryu
  • Jun 23, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
882
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 13, 2026
Ryu
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?