i never want to feel this again

Sanctus

May 17, 2005
Trabuco Canyon
ok i was driving alone in my dads new v6 convertable around 10:45pm in trabuco canyon which if you dont know is a very woodsiieee area with lots of good roads to drive through and see the stars. well that was the case last night when I was making a left turn back onto the road (just turning around to go back home) and guess what walks infront of my dads BRAND NEW MUSTANG?? A G** D*** DEER! so i slam on the clutch downshift and brake but i swirved alittle to the right and the back wheels caught some gravel and the tires lost traction and the right back fender came plummeting into the sidewall at about 15mph. So im just saying this is one of those feelings that i never want to experiance again, and i can honestly say im a pretty manly man in the fact that i dont break down.. but i shed a tear or two. and my dad was ok with the whole situation. just glad i wasnt hurt and i explained to him that i wasnt street racing and that it really was a freak accident. but this really has put like a damper on my week/life. i know its just a material possesion but i really have a love for these mustangs and i hate to see one with a back bumper that needs to be replaced and a 2in scratch above the wheel well. i also have a question, how long would you all think it will take to get a bumper in tungsten grey? we cant report this to our insurance agency because it would ****e the charges but how much do you all think a new bumper would cost(installed)? thanks everyone for reading. and sry to post such bad news.

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry to hear about your experience. I've had a few experiences like that, too, especially when I was younger. I just had to say that IMHO I wouldn't feel too badly about feeling like shedding some tears at times like that, even if you do. I don't think it makes you any less of a man, more like it means that you really care about certain things, and that's okay. I'd rather be that way than not care about most things at all.
Anyway, good to hear that nothing really bad happened and eventually, if it hasn't happened already, it'll just be a bad memory that you'll remember but not think about a lot. Anyway, good luck when you get your new stang, lucky turkey! :D

sanctus,

Sorry to hear about this. Now reflect back on your post about "I hate my dad" and realize that sometimes, it's best to not say things like that. :nice:

I am glad you are okay and that dad didn't open a can of woop-azse on you! :flag:

Jennifer

Jenns05Stang said:
sanctus,

Sorry to hear about this. Now reflect back on your post about "I hate my dad" and realize that sometimes, it's best to not say things like that. :nice:

I am glad you are okay and that dad didn't open a can of woop-azse on you! :flag:

Jennifer

I was just about to reference that post :) Do you think he did it in retaliation for his dad getting the car? There's proof of a motive now :nono:

MEAN03GT said:
Ummm, probably because downshifting plus braking = slowing down alot faster than just braking...obvioulsy you dont drive a stick.

You obviously don't know what you are talking about. Your brakes should have more than enough clamping force to lock your tires, hence ABS.

So if you brakes can lock your tires, what additional benefit does downshifting do?...it can LOCK your tires up, ABS ain't gonna save you from that. Unless you were planning on drifting around the deer.

And that 2 inch scratch?.....at 15mph, you are travelling at 264 in per second.

Which means you were in contact with the "sidewall" for 3 thousands of a second...

Damn short amount of time, and how come this scratch didn't happen on the fender/flare?...you'd think the scratch would happen to the first thing the car would hit.

How about we hear the real story? :banana:

You know Sanctus, after all your talk about how mature you are and deserving of a new GT, it took you less than a week to wreck your father's new vert.

I know, I know--it wasn't your fault; it couldn't be avoided, etc, etc.

Just the facts sir: you're 16; you wrecked your dad's new vert in less than a week; same father has an 05 GT on order for you.

I'm not questioning your judgment as much as your father's.

Nah, if his dad's in his right mind (which is sounds like he's not) he'll keep the GT and sell the vert to get a beater for the boy until he matures enough to handle the vehicle.

Accident or not, I was raised "if you don't have anywhere to go, don't go".

Always cruising for trouble those young folks.