I officially HATE the Bullitt Pedals, at least the install part!!!!

Ok, I've managed to install the dead pedal so far on my newly bought 03 GT. I spent about an hour trying to get the dang brake and clutch pedals coveres on and it seems impossible, i heated them in hot hot water as well, i sprayed lube on them and could not get them on. I'm going to try to get the buttom portion on and then use my foot to mash down on the pedal and hopefully get them. Anyone else done this before. I watched a video on American Muscle something and they just made it look easy, I'm so frustated with it but dang they will look nice once installed :mad:

• Sponsors (?)

that sucks... took me only 20 minutes to install all four pedals :stick:

Get yourself a bucket of really hot water and put a couple squirts of dishsoap in a spray bottle full of water. Heat the pedals in the water and before removing them spray the metal parts the pedals slip onto with the water/soap mixture. I got my pedals hot as f*** before I installed them and was able to stretch the rear rubber part with my fingers to get them over the metal plate on the car. I actually poured boiling water into a bucket so my pedals were likely at least 160* before I installed them.

that sucks... took me only 20 minutes to install all four pedals :stick:

Get yourself a bucket of really hot water and put a couple squirts of dishsoap in a spray bottle full of water. Heat the pedals in the water and before removing them spray the metal parts the pedals slip onto with the water/soap mixture. I got my pedals hot as f*** before I installed them and was able to stretch the rear rubber part with my fingers to get them over the metal plate on the car. I actually poured boiling water into a bucket so my pedals were likely at least 160* before I installed them.

x2. Worked like a charm. Once you get them most of the way on, you can just sit in the seat and use your foot to ease them on in a circular motion.

Use the soapy water, no need for the boiling water. Took me awhile just using boiled water without getting any on except for the dead pedal, but eventually switched it up to the soapy water and they went on like butter..

I hated mine. I just used soapy water and finally got them on. The brake and clutch off after 2 years and haven't put them back on. I'm using bare pedals. The easy one was the dead pedal.

I didn't even bother trying to get them on the right way after everything I read about the trouble people were having with them. I trimmed the rubber off the sides and bottom on the back of the pedal then just added some Gorilla Glue. I clamped them on for a night to dry. 3 Years so far with no problems. Hope I never have to take them off.

I thought those only came stock on the Mach (IUP) and Bullitt? It was an option for the '01-'04 GT?

I believe it was part of the interior upgrade package (somebody correct me if I am wrong). A pic can been seen here, from the 2003 Mustang Brochure. It appears this interior is a stock GT interior based on the speedometer at 150 mph (V8) and the non-Bullitt/Mach 1 cluster.

03_mustang_interior_hr.jpg

Those were the first mod I did to my old '01. I tried for hours to get those puppies on, including hot water, soap, violence, anything I could think of. Eventually, I gave up and had a shop install them along with some other parts. They looked awesome and worked great for the entire life of the car. I wish someone would make good looking pedals for the 2010's. :(